ameloblast

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drkooks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
in test packet M
ameloblast will not differentiate from preamelobalst unless:

contact dentin
touched by odontoblastic process
touched by stratum intermedium

answer odnotoblastic process according to key
but from decks :
IEE stimulate formation of odontoblast , then formation first layer dentin, then IEE transform into ameloblast then secrete enamel..
so should not be number 1

please answer...and correct me if i am wrong
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

in test packet M
ameloblast will not differentiate from preamelobalst unless:

contact dentin
touched by odontoblastic process
touched by stratum intermedium

answer odnotoblastic process according to key
but from decks :
IEE stimulate formation of odontoblast , then formation first layer dentin, then IEE transform into ameloblast then secrete enamel..
so should not be number 1

please answer...and correct me if i am wrong
thanks
You are correct, when the IEE cells come into contact with the first layer of dentin, thats when proameloblasts differentiate into ameloblasts and enamel is laid down.

Does that mean we should not rely 100% on the answers given in the test paper key??!! as in they could be wrong too? like in this case?

hi..the recent papers do not hav a perfect key..the answers hv been ticked by students like us....so cross check all the answers before u rely on them....ada released keys r right...

hi docsmiley
what did u meant by recent papers??? and what's the difference between them and the ones released??
please reply ..i have released exams packets from G to M...is there something else...and do u recommend to do whole set from G or just more recent ones
thanks