American First, CRNA Second

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yes2drugs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I post here about every 6 months. Not a doc hater, much to the contrary. It will be another six months before I post again most likely.

That said...

Healthcare reform is not gone. The democrats/liberal statists will take another run at it in the fall. It will likely pass in some form as Hussein will not be denied a victory on his signature issue. His arrogance will not allow that.

I never belonged to the ANA when I was an ICU/ER nurse as they are extremely liberal and always endorse the democrat. Now that the AMA has shafted you docs maybe those of you who vote democrat will see that you are hurting your country and your career. It should be a no brainer for a doc to vote republican or libertarian. Hard to justify a democrat vote unless you work for doctors without borders. Many CRNAs vote republican even though a vote for the dems would benefit CRNAs in many areas.

I would rather see AAs and Physician only in the ORs than my country run down the tubes with socialized medicine. My belief in conservatism, patriotism and limited government trumps anesthesia politics.

If I can do that there should be no excuse for a physician voting for radical left democrats who will destroy the financial and medical service systems of this country. You can support your country and your profession by voting conservative. I know the republicans fall short, very short, but they are better than the alternative.

You Anesthesiologists who run groups and hire and fire. This is for you. When ObamaCare comes to pass and you see a two thirds reduction in your income and are forced to dismiss Docs and CRNAs, please dismiss the ones who identifiably supported Obama. It is the right and fair thing to do. Of course, discretion is required.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for your advice.
I think it is not very "patriotic" to call the president of the united states "Hussein" just to imply that he is not American and to inflame an imaginary conspiracy theory.
This is a democracy, he was elected democratically and now he is the president.
So, if his name is Hussein or Oussama does not make a fu cking difference.
He is YOUR president and disrespecting him is not patriotic.
By the way, aren't you armygas?

I post here about every 6 months. Not a doc hater, much to the contrary. It will be another six months before I post again most likely.

That said...

Healthcare reform is not gone. The democrats/liberal statists will take another run at it in the fall. It will likely pass in some form as Hussein will not be denied a victory on his signature issue. His arrogance will not allow that.

I never belonged to the ANA when I was an ICU/ER nurse as they are extremely liberal and always endorse the democrat. Now that the AMA has shafted you docs maybe those of you who vote democrat will see that you are hurting your country and your career. It should be a no brainer for a doc to vote republican or libertarian. Hard to justify a democrat vote unless you work for doctors without borders. Many CRNAs vote republican even though a vote for the dems would benefit CRNAs in many areas.

I would rather see AAs and Physician only in the ORs than my country run down the tubes with socialized medicine. My belief in conservatism, patriotism and limited government trumps anesthesia politics.

If I can do that there should be no excuse for a physician voting for radical left democrats who will destroy the financial and medical service systems of this country. You can support your country and your profession by voting conservative. I know the republicans fall short, very short, but they are better than the alternative.

You Anesthesiologists who run groups and hire and fire. This is for you. When ObamaCare comes to pass and you see a two thirds reduction in your income and are forced to dismiss Docs and CRNAs, please dismiss the ones who identifiably supported Obama. It is the right and fair thing to do. Of course, discretion is required.

I think it is not very "patriotic" to call the president of the united states "Hussein" just to imply that he is not American and to inflame an imaginary conspiracy theory.

I stand corrected. President Obama. It was inappropriate to address him so in this forum. I will not correct the OP unless you ask.

I ain't Army Gas.

Plankton. Don't tell me you are a democrat!
Would you care to address the substance of my post?
Do you disagree that the members of this forum should think hard about the issues that socialized healthcare will present (likely very soon)?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know plank's comments weren't directed at me, but this "he is your president" crap has finally gotten to me.

Last time I checked, he is the president of my COUNTRY. He is not MY president. There is a big difference. He leads my country, he doesn't lead me. I didn't vote for him and I don't agree with him. While I remain a good citizen of this country, I don't have to want him in office.

Within the confines of electoral laws, I will do my best to prevent him and his cronies from maintaining their positions.

That being said, I am sure those who will flame me didn't say a word to those folks that wore "Bush is not MY president" shirts and bumper stickers.

I know plank's comments weren't directed at me, but this "he is your president" crap has finally gotten to me.

Last time I checked, he is the president of my COUNTRY. He is not MY president. There is a big difference. He leads my country, he doesn't lead me. I didn't vote for him and I don't agree with him. While I remain a good citizen of this country, I don't have to want him in office.

Within the confines of electoral laws, I will do my best to prevent him and his cronies from maintaining their positions.

That being said, I am sure those who will flame me didn't say a word to those folks that wore "Bush is not MY president" shirts and bumper stickers.
I made nice because I respect Plankton and I am a guest here. But I agree with you. He is nothing to me. We must oppose him no matter what the ASA, AANA, AMA or KKK says. It doesn't matter. He is bad for America.

The millions who didn't vote for him don't suddenly need to kiss his ass simply because he won. That's part of the beauty of this country.

to paraphrase...

"discreetly fire people who voted differently than you did..."

how very American of you :rolleyes:

to paraphrase...

Their chicken's... are coming home... to roost. :laugh:

Just kidding. Firing someone for politics would be wrong. It's actually much more of a communist/democrat theme to silence the opposition.

By the way, I don't think physicians want to see nurse anesthetists completely replaced in the OR by AAs. We'd just like to have enough AAs available so that competition will correct the AANAs faulty politics some.

to paraphrase...

Not because they voted differently but because their actions brought about the NEED to fire people. Different.
Of course, I would never say that. It would be a coincidence that those who supported Obama and his Socialized medicine would be the ones fired if any had to be fired.

Their chicken's... are coming home... to roost. :laugh:

Just kidding. Firing someone for politics would be wrong. It's actually much more of a communist/democrat theme to silence the opposition.

By the way, I don't think physicians want to see nurse anesthetists completely replaced in the OR by AAs. We'd just like to have enough AAs available so that competition will correct the AANAs faulty politics some.
I am not in agreement with much of what the AANA does in regards to pain medicine and the way they try to equate anesthesiology to nurse anesthesia. I don't find myself agreeing with the ASA a great deal either.

BTW, Plankton silenced. I must have touched a nerve. He and those docs like him (if he is a democrat pro obama doc as I suspect and his post supports) are having a hard time justifying their support of
1. A pro socialized medicine President 2. Democrats in general who overwhelmingly support nursing over MDs.
Hey, I'm just saying.

Democrats in general who overwhelmingly support nursing over MDs.
Hey, I'm just saying.

Normally I stay out of these type of arguments, so I will make one comment and leave it at that -

Your statement above is quite ignorant.

Just saying:rolleyes:.

Normally I stay out of these type of arguments, so I will make one comment and leave it at that -

Your statement above is quite ignorant.

Just saying:rolleyes:.

dude - are you kidding??? Obama and the far left are no friend of the physician. Politicians in general are not our friends - a high percentage are trial lawyers of course, but the far left wants government control and to "spread the wealth around". I have spent way too many years in school/residency and owe WAY too much money to deal with their policies.

Members don't see this ad :)
dude - are you kidding??? Obama and the far left are no friend of the physician. Politicians in general are not our friends - a high percentage are trial lawyers of course, but the far left wants government control and to "spread the wealth around". I have spent way too many years in school/residency and owe WAY too much money to deal with their policies.
Arch drinks deeply from the Kool-aid.

Not because they voted differently but because their actions brought about the NEED to fire people. Different.
Of course, I would never say that. It would be a coincidence that those who supported Obama and his Socialized medicine would be the ones fired if any had to be fired.

no, not really different at all. it's discrimination, and misguided at that. you would assume that anyone who voted for the current president did so solely to spite our chosen profession and therefore deserved to be punished, while in reality it could be they were tired of the previous administrations missteps in many other areas of policy. more physician in-fighting is all that amounts to.

honestly, i thought your post was on point right up until you went all McCarthy on us. or is this more like Alberto Gonzales?

How come you guys hate Amerika?

in a short spiral, i think i became stupider for reading this thred

no, not really different at all. it's discrimination, and misguided at that. you would assume that anyone who voted for the current president did so solely to spite our chosen profession and therefore deserved to be punished, while in reality it could be they were tired of the previous administrations missteps in many other areas of policy. more physician in-fighting is all that amounts to.

honestly, i thought your post was on point right up until you went all McCarthy on us. or is this more like Alberto Gonzales?
I am part hispanic.LOL.
Seriously.
My points are valid even if you find the manner in which they are delivered distasteful.

RN to AA.
?

Mainly d/t the politics of the AANA plus the fear that I would have to sit through a Nursing Theory of Anesthesia class with in-depth analysis from Rogers.

Mainly d/t the politics of the AANA plus the fear that I would have to sit through a Nursing Theory of Anesthesia class with in-depth analysis from Rogers.

I wouldn't know. My MS is in Biology. We didn't have any of that stuff. Though, it is a legitimate concern at some programs. If avoiding that is a more potent impetus than being able to practice in any state or territory, the Armed Forces etc. and to do so independently, then by all means. :laugh:

You are right, I am silenced by your lack of logic and your primitive reasoning.

Logic? I guess I am stretching to say that people who voted for Obama have a responsibility for his actions. If you wish to continue your charade that you should not be questioned on politics by those who your rotten vote has impacted, please proceed. This is an anonymous internet forum. Not a workplace. Your dodging my substantive points only shows weakness.

Can't blame you. Many docs are having trouble explaining their support for Obama. I wouldn't know about that as I will tell anyone to their face who I vote for and why. That is just me.

Logic? I guess I am stretching to say that people who voted for Obama have a responsibility for his actions. If you wish to continue your charade that you should not be questioned on politics by those who your rotten vote has impacted, please proceed. This is an anonymous internet forum. Not a workplace. Your dodging my substantive points only shows weakness.

Can't blame you. Many docs are having trouble explaining their support for Obama. I wouldn't know about that as I will tell anyone to their face who I vote for and why. That is just me.

Did you ever vote for Bush? Do you accept responsibility for his administration's actions? By your logic, you should start sending a large portion of your paycheck to pay for his wars and maybe do a little time for torture and illegal wiretapping.

I have no trouble explaining my support for Obama. He was the most intelligent, measured, articulate, and reasonable candidate for the office. McCain was clearly not up to the job, and the Republicans care too much about stupid **** to govern effectively. Did I think then that Obama would never make mistakes or aggressively fight any action that might decrease the income of Anesthesiologists? Of course not. There are a hell of a lot more important things out there than my paycheck, yet, as an anesthesiologist with predominantly medicaid, medicare, and uninsured patients, it might actually increase with universal coverage.

I wouldn't know. My MS is in Biology. We didn't have any of that stuff. Though, it is a legitimate concern at some programs. If avoiding that is a more potent impetus than being able to practice in any state or territory, the Armed Forces etc. and to do so independently, then by all means. :laugh:

Since the vast majority of the states that I would like to practice in are licensed, your rebuttal is irrelevant.

Can anyone say "Palin"? Oh yeah, you prefer that we leave the fate of our country to that quitter? :laugh:

AA's will eventually be licensed in every state. Many more schools will open. Get over it.

Last edited:
Did you ever vote for Bush? Do you accept responsibility for his administration's actions? By your logic, you should start sending a large portion of your paycheck to pay for his wars and maybe do a little time for torture and illegal wiretapping.

I have no trouble explaining my support for Obama. He was the most intelligent, measured, articulate, and reasonable candidate for the office. McCain was clearly not up to the job, and the Republicans care too much about stupid **** to govern effectively. Did I think then that Obama would never make mistakes or aggressively fight any action that might decrease the income of Anesthesiologists? Of course not. There are a hell of a lot more important things out there than my paycheck, yet, as an anesthesiologist with predominantly medicaid, medicare, and uninsured patients, it might actually increase with universal coverage.

At last. You could have just said that you care more about being a liberal than the well being of your profession. Would have saved a great deal of time. Thank you.
I have no problem defending my support of Bush (though I have been very critical of him).
He and his ilk destroy the country at a markedly slower pace than liberals like you.

Can anyone say "Palin"? Oh yeah, you prefer that we leave the fate of our country to that quitter? :laugh:

AA's will eventually be licensed in every state. Many more schools will open. Get over it.

Is Hussein a quitter? How about Napolitano?
I and the AANA thank you Taurus for your support of the democrats. :laugh:

Since the vast majority of the states that I would like to practice in are licensed, your rebuttal is irrelevant.

Aiming low is a good strategy sometimes. Sort of like choking up on the bat. Or just choking.. :laugh:

Well, enough damage done here.
Back to Gasnet etc.
Remember guys, when the SHTF and reimbursement is cut and anesthesiologists and CRNAs are working more for less, you can thank Plankton, Arch and their ilk.
Have a nice one!!! and remember...CRNAs are made of sugar and spice and everything nice!

People who hated Bush made it well known to the rest of us! So why is it that those of us who hate Obama have to keep it all inside?? Obama thinks he can try to be everyone's buddy and that will win him points. I would tell him to kiss my @ss for calling me stupid and then inviting me to the white house. He repeatedly opens his mouth about $hit he doesn't understand (tonsillectomies). I don't like him and I can refer to him however I want. He's a politician, gone are the days when our presidents were great leaders who had actually served in the military and earned some respect.

Aiming low is a good strategy sometimes. Sort of like choking up on the bat. Or just choking.. :laugh:

Is that your modus operandi or just a strategy you work under part of the time?

People who hated Bush made it well known to the rest of us! So why is it that those of us who hate Obama have to keep it all inside?? Obama thinks he can try to be everyone's buddy and that will win him points. I would tell him to kiss my @ss for calling me stupid and then inviting me to the white house. He repeatedly opens his mouth about $hit he doesn't understand (tonsillectomies). I don't like him and I can refer to him however I want. He's a politician, gone are the days when our presidents were great leaders who had actually served in the military and earned some respect.

This is a very interesting point? I think if I put a little bumpersticker on my ride expressing my opinion of Obama my tires would be flat in 24hours with a couple of key lines down each side of my ride post-call... Anyone else feel the same?

Well, enough damage done here.
Back to Gasnet etc.
Remember guys, when the SHTF and reimbursement is cut and anesthesiologists and CRNAs are working more for less, you can thank Plankton, Arch and their ilk.
Have a nice one!!! and remember...CRNAs are made of sugar and spice and everything nice!

his intent here is clearly to cause damage on the forum. why is he not banned yet?

This is a very interesting point? I think if I put a little bumpersticker on my ride expressing my opinion of Obama my tires would be flat in 24hours with a couple of key lines down each side of my ride post-call... Anyone else feel the same?

this made me chuckle because a colleague of mine was showing me the "anti-Obama" car-stickers he ordered online today. i found them about as amusing as i did the anti-Bush bumperstickers i've seen. i think you're probably overestimating the amount of anger your bumpersticker would cause... but i'm pretty middle-of-the-road when it comes to politics.

his intent here is clearly to cause damage on the forum. why is he not banned yet?

The moderation of the anesthesiology forum is "lenient" (to say the least:rolleyes:)

If anyone has a particular problem with a post/user, I suggest using the "report post" function.

Last edited:
Banning him is not a viable solution because he will pop up under a new name and resume his trolling.
On the other hand the more he is allowed to stay the more damage he does to his cause.
In other words: the more he talks the more he reveals his ignorance and hurts the group he is trying to support.

his intent here is clearly to cause damage on the forum. Why is he not banned yet?

+1

although I may agree with much of his national political viewpoint, the poster has been quite insulting. . .especially in the midlevel forum. Leads me to believe he is simply trying to "stir-the-turd" here

Banning him is not a viable solution because he will pop up under a new name and resume his trolling.
On the other hand the more he is allowed to stay the more damage he does to his cause.
In other words: the more he talks the more he reveals his ignorance and hurts the group he is trying to support.

point taken

+1

although I may agree with much of his national political viewpoint, the poster has been quite insulting. . .especially in the midlevel forum. Leads me to believe he is simply trying to "stir-the-turd" here

To the non-anesthesiologists on this forum: I'm tired of watching thread after thread degrade into drivel, when we could otherwise be using our time to rationally discuss issues which are germaine to everyone: clinical stuff, health-care financing, medicolegal themes, what's new in research, etc. Stuff which is interesting, relevant, and productive to explore. Topics which enable us to take better care of our patients.

But NOOOOO ................... everything seems to turn into a "mine is bigger than yours" contest.

Frankly it gets old. People shouldn't hide behind the anonymity of this forum to disagree in a disagreeable manner.

I respectfully point out that this is an anesthesiologists' forum .. everyone else is a guest. QUIT KICKING SAND IN THE HOST'S FACE. Thank you.

Hey...im all for increasing the access of healthcare to EVERYONE, and making it cheaper...but dammit they dont have to NERF our profession to get it done. If all professions (minus primary care) gets a paycut then thats ok...but they are single handedly targeting anesthesia, derm, hemeonc and cardiology.

this is completely out of order! mistrial!