American school for undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jigga5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, right now I am doing my undergrad in the US. I would ultimately like to come back to me home in BC and attend UBC. The question is, would this put me at a disadvantage? Would the treat me as a in province student? I was born and raised in BC and graduated high school there too. I hope they do or I am basically screwed!

Members don't see this ad.

You mean you'd like to do UBC undergrad, or UBC med school? If it's the former, then that would mean you'd need an official transfer approved by both the dean of your current US school and dean of UBC undegrad (I presume).

Either way, I think you'd probably be considered in-province, but you'd have to double check that.

You mean you'd like to do UBC undergrad, or UBC med school? If it's the former, then that would mean you'd need an official transfer approved by both the dean of your current US school and dean of UBC undegrad (I presume).

Either way, I think you'd probably be considered in-province, but you'd have to double check that.

UBC MED!

double check with UBC. you can find it on their website.

Many eons ago, you just needed to have graduated from a BC highschool to be considered in-province for UBC med. That rule might have changed (or stayed the same). not sure.

if you just call UBC med admissions office, they would be more than happy to answer your question.