American trained specialist thinking about going back to canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tootyfruity

Abandoned
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a Canadian in a US OMS residency.
I have a US DDS as well.
Thinking of going back to Canada.

What's the process work in Canada as a specialist?

Thanks.
 
I'm a Canadian in a US OMS residency.
I have a US DDS as well.
Thinking of going back to Canada.

What's the process work in Canada as a specialist?

Thanks.
You'd have to pass the Canadian OMS specialty board exam. Once passed everything else should just be paperwork. US residency programs are recognized in Canada. Each province has it's own similar criteria, aside from Quebec which requires a french language exam.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'd have to pass the Canadian OMS specialty board exam. Once passed everything else should just be paperwork. US residency programs are recognized in Canada. Each province has it's own similar criteria, aside from Quebec which requires a french language exam.

thanks. i'll look into that. so only one set of exams. no general dentistry boards.