American University of Anguilla

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

roses123456

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone ever heard of this school? Pros / cons. I have to make a decision pretty soon and I am conflicted because it sounds too good to be true. I was dismissed from another school.
 
Has anyone ever heard of this school? Pros / cons. I have to make a decision pretty soon and I am conflicted because it sounds too good to be true. I was dismissed from another school.
From a quick look at their website I see nothing to recommend it. They say they have applied for accreditation with CAAM-HP, but I see no sign of them listed on the CAAM-HP website. Without accreditation chances of a match in US are slim to none. Likely no eligibility for US loans. I can't find them listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools. I also can't see any indication on their website of where students do clinical rotations.
 
Without accreditation chances of a match in US are slim to none. Likely no eligibility for US loans. I can't find them listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools. I also can't see any indication on their website of where students do clinical rotations.
That's not true. Your school does not have to be accredited to be eligible to participate in the match.

I can't find them listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools. I also can't see any indication on their website of where students do clinical rotations.
That's the issue. No WDOMS also means no ECFMG Recognition, so avoid altogether. No ECFMG means you cannot gain US licensure, if that's your goal.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's not true. Your school does not have to be accredited to be eligible to participate in the match.


That's the issue. No WDOMS also means no ECFMG Recognition, so avoid altogether. No ECFMG means you cannot gain US licensure, if that's your goal.
I won't argue with your statement that unaccredited schools can still participate in the US match, but I do believe the chances of matching successfully coming from an unaccredited school are "slim to none."
 
I won't argue with your statement that unaccredited schools can still participate in the US match, but I do believe the chances of matching successfully coming from an unaccredited school are "slim to none."
Ok, my bad, found it in WDOMS, had to check non-UN countries on search page. Here is link to WDOMS listing: School Detail School established 2022, so wouldn't have graduated a class yet. No track record.