MUA (Medical University of the Americas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

L.rodrigues

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I got accepted into MUA. However, they want me to take one year of pre-med because I do not have my bachelor's degree. I will finish with a bachelor's and a medical degree. The transition into MS1 should be ok. I just wanted to ask for some advice because I'm a little scared of going to a Caribbean medical school. Does anyone on here know anything about MUA and any vital information I should know? Please let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

If your end goal is to practice in the US, do yourself a favor and finish your bachelor degree here. Then take the MCAT and apply to medical schools (MD/DO) here in the states.

From high attrition rates to low match rates, everything is against you by going to a Caribbean school. They should always be your last options after exhausting all your options here in the states.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
This medfluencer got kicked out of MUA and restarted at AUA. Most of her pre-kickout content seems to paint a (biased) rosy picture because she as a school ambassador or whatever but this video describes some issues with the school and admin.

Reactions: 1 user
I never understood why people would chose anything outside of the big 3 (AUC, Ross, SGU) IF they decide to go to the carib route. If you're choosing the carib route, you're already putting yourself at a disadvantage. BUT to choose a non-big 3 school, puts you at a greater disadvantage. idk lol

Reactions: 2 users