Amino acid rap

Started by Oncie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Oncie

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was thinking of making an amino acid rap. Just a fun thing I guess I was gonna do for the class.

I was gonna use Gudda Gudda - I don't like the look of it, as a template.

Any ideas appreciated.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still in the works. Wrote this in like 5 min.

Verse 1:
Okay, I'm sippin' on Amino energy, got a protein movin' kinda slow
I'm all about the acids (amino), what you think I do it fo' (for)
Stevens don' act like you don't know, 20 different building blocks
Custom made proteins for ya' polymerized distinct flow
Keep the atoms with me, I gotta keep like 3 or more
Call it central carbon, or keep it alpha Joe
Chillin with my carboxy group, he keeps it functional
Keep that H-atom close, call it structural
Crucial is that NH2, identified as a terminus (N')
Young n*gga out here, I'm just on that struggle bus
.....
I was raised in the home of BCAA's,
Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine -- aliphatic side chains
I come with a toy boy like a happy meal
Essential and polar it is, call it threonine
I'm from the school of hard knocks, dramamine
Pick the ring on the chain, get that tyrosine
Don't even play boy, I only spit bars
Your side chain is awkward, looking like Mr. Histidine.
 
Gluten-free Asparagus, Sore Throat Tyrosine

Glutamate, asparagine, serine, threonine, tyrosine




Glutamica, aspartica

Glutamic and aspartic acid: war and gladiators. So sounds greek.




The pokemon, aggron

http://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/dream-world/306.svg


has LICE in his/her HISTONES


arginine, lysine, histidine



The nonpolar then just roll off the tongue:

Alan wants light vanilla ice cream, meth makes him trip… rap start…

Alanine, Vaniline, leucine, isoleucine, weird cyclical proline, phenylalanine,

Meth makes you trip: methionine + tryptophan


Meth also gives you cysts (google this – reminds you of sulfuric acid burns, so it’s the sulfur ones) :

METHionine CYSTeine


Aromatic (just rap the rest out):

Tryptophan, tyrosine, phenylalanine