• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

ideas

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
some place warm :)
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
When you all were applying to rad-onc did you feel like these conferences and others helped you to make contacts that were beneficial later on? I have surgery during all of the major conferences this year and I am trying to figure out if I should make arrangements to attend or if I should just focus on honoring surgery.

Thanks

napoleondynamite

Keepin' it real yo
10+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If you were going to pick a conference to attend, I'd say it should be ASTRO if you want to network. I did not go, but others I talked to say it was a good idea to go.

stephew

SDN Super Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2001
Boston
travel.to
Status (Visible)
amsa and AMA: none whatsoever (unless perhaps you want to go into the legislative arena). ASTRO? Worth it as a resident but not as a student unless your presenting something. Focus on your surgery now, worry about contacts when you have something to offer them so they'll be keen to meet with you. right now they'll all have a busy schedule and not likely to have much to offer a med student.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.