AMSA Convention?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluetovah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find any recent threads on this soo...

My adviser just gave me this link to the AMSA Convention. It looks interesting to me. Is anyone else thinking of going or perhaps already been before?

http://www.amsa.org/AMSA/Homepage/Events/Convention.aspx

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-med. It was the pre-med adviser who recommended it. It says they have programming for personal statement workshops, MCAT prep, interview prep, etc. So there is stuff for pre-med, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth the registration fee tbh...

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't attend an event for medical students as a premed, seems out of place. I'd like to be an astronaut and go to space but I'm not walking into NASA meetings.

This event sounds helpful... I'm thinking about signing up. Has anybody who attended in past years want to chime in about their experience?

I am going with my university to the convention (UPR Rio Piedras)! AMSA caters to both pre-meds and medical students during the national convention. You'll learn a lot and have a great time!

I searched and couldn't find any recent threads on this soo...

My adviser just gave me this link to the AMSA Convention. It looks interesting to me. Is anyone else thinking of going or perhaps already been before?

http://www.amsa.org/AMSA/Homepage/Events/Convention.aspx

I went to 2 AMSA conventions as an undergrad. I found them quite helpful actually. While it is true that the majority of participants are medical students, there is still tons of programming for med students.

The guest speakers come from a wide variety of backgrounds (many are not affiliated with AMSA), and give great talks. The event gave me tons of information to work with for my personal statement (as well as antidotes for med school interviews). I would highly recommend it (even though it is a little pricy).

PM me if you want more details.

I went a couple of years ago, and it's a waste of time and money, IMO. The keynote was great though.

We hosted one at my med school once and made a TON OF MONEY. Crazy night out in the city afterwards. My party fueled by your dreams!