An artistic way to describe the application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Check out my sig.

It's Willy Wonka from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, in case you didn't know.

Members don't see this ad.

The last sentence from this amazing movie is how I feel every time there is an ambiguous statement on a status page.

Peter Gibbons: Our high school guidance counselor used to ask us what you'd do if you had a million dollars and you didn't have to work. And invariably what you'd say was supposed to be your career. So, if you wanted to fix old cars then you're supposed to be an auto mechanic.

Samir: So what did you say?

Peter Gibbons: I never had an answer. I guess that's why I'm working at Initech.

Michael Bolton: No, you're working at Initech because that question is bull**** to begin with. If everyone listened to her, there'd be no janitors, because no one would clean s*** up if they had a million dollars.

Samir: You know what I would do if I had a million dollars? I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities...

Michael Bolton: Samir, you're missing the point. The point of the exercise is that you're supposed to figure out what you would want to do if...
[printer starts beeping]

Michael Bolton: "PC Load Letter"? What the f*** does that mean?

I have never EVER physically laughed out loud at anything posted on SDN. That's not me. I just spat on my study partner's paper I was laughing so hard. It's like they create all of these ambiguous terms just to **** with us

I have never EVER physically laughed out loud at anything posted on SDN. That's not me. I just spat on my study partner's paper I was laughing so hard. It's like they create all of these ambiguous terms just to **** with us

:laugh:

Office Space is an amazing movie. For some reason I can find something that represents something regarding any process in it...

You can't deny that the waiter from Chotchkie's represents all the gunners out there... All that "flair." :laugh:

And you know once the weekend is over, we're all gonna have a case of the Mondays... a new week with new days for mail to possibly come... and when that letter with good news arrives, out comes the O-face :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can bang with us Straight up weed no angel dust,
label us Notorious Thug a$$ n!gg@z that love to bust, it's strange to us
Y'all n!gg@z be scramblin, gamblin up in restaraunts with mandolins, and violins We just sittin here tryin to win, tryin not to sin
High off weed and lots of gin So much smoke need oxygen, steadily countin them Benjamins
****a you should too, if you knew What this game'll do to you
Been in this **** since ninety-two Look at all the bull**** I been through
So-called beef with you know who F*cked a few female stars or two
Then I bluelight niggaz knew like Mike's ****, Not to be f*cked with
M*therf*cker better duck quick, cause Me and my dogs love to buck ****
F*ck the luck ****, strictly aim No aspirations protect the game
Spit yo' game, talk yo' ****
Grab yo' gat, Call yo' click
Squeeze yo' clip, hit the right one
Pass that weed, I got to light one
All them n!ggaz I got ta fight one
All them hoes I got ta like one
Our situation is a tight one
Whatcha gonna do, fight or run?
Seems to me that you'll take thee Bone and Big, ***** die slowly I'ma tell you like a ***** told me
Cash Rule Everything Around Me, ****, lyrically niggaz can't see me
F*ck it, buy the coke, Cook the coke, cut it, blow the b!tch
Before you call yourself lovin it, N!gga you with a Benz f*ckin it, Doesn't it seem odd to you
B.I.G. come through with moms and crews Goodfellas to to the Mo Thugs dudes Who's the killa, me or you?

Notorious BIG ft. Bone Thugz - Notorious Thugs

Pretty much sums up my rage, anger, and feelings about the sheer mold that a pre-med has to fill to be competitve. The selling out, competitiveness, and length of this process is maddening.

Down with the system! Pre-meds - talk yo **** and spit your game, Grab yo gat, Call yo click, squeeze yo clip, and make god damn sure you find the right school. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Office Space is an amazing movie. For some reason I can find something that represents something regarding any process in it...

You can't deny that the waiter from Chotchkie's represents all the gunners out there... All that "flair." :laugh:

And you know once the weekend is over, we're all gonna have a case of the Mondays... a new week with new days for mail to possibly come... and when that letter with good news arrives, out comes the O-face :eek:

And Milton is that socially inept anger hording pre-med that will eventually burn down AMCAS (aka Initech).

This one may say it all though... modified for app purposes:

Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle(lecture) today, and I realized, ever since I started working(applying), every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.
Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Dr. Swanson: Wow, that's messed up.

+pissed+

that was the ultimate trump card right there...

'she's a brick and I'm drowning slowly...off the coast and heading nowhere...' --Ben Fold's Five