fiatslug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 9, 2000
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I'm so behind on all this--applying for CAP fellowship for July '08!:oops: So, my letter writers have all gotten letters for me. All my programs participate in the NRMP match. Do you filter letters/med school transcripts/dean's letter et.al. through the NRMP, as for residency, or send them to individual programs? Thanks guys!

OldPsychDoc

Senior Curmudgeon
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
Left of Center
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I'm so behind on all this--applying for CAP fellowship for July '08!:oops: So, my letter writers have all gotten letters for me. All my programs participate in the NRMP match. Do you filter letters/med school transcripts/dean's letter et.al. through the NRMP, as for residency, or send them to individual programs? Thanks guys!

I think they go to the individual programs, as I was sending them out for one of our residents last year. My experience should not be taken as universal law, however!

About the Ads

MBK2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2001
Lobsta' Land
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
To confirm, with C&A, send your stuff to the fellowship program directly. The C&A fellowships use NRMP but not ERAS. Make sure you register now for the match through NRMP and avoid the late fee.

fiatslug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 9, 2000
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
thanks guys--I really need a secretary.:p

Now... anyone know how to retrieve your AAMC ID? I tried looking on several sites--the NRMP says if you don't know it, ask your med school; mine doesn't have that information! :eek:

MBK2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2001
Lobsta' Land
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If I remember correctly, I also did not have mine and I told them, "no luck, what else?" They asked me questions about my last name, med school, and year of med school matriculation, and then emailed me my AAMC number. Good luck and I know that thing about needing a secretary. I ultimately set aside a whole Sunday afternoon to make a checklist of what I needed to send (e.g. who needs a notarized copy of the med school diploma, who needs just a plain old copy, how many need my USMLE scores, etc), fill out all the forms, write all the checks, and mail them to the appropriate place. It would be much easier if your residency director could just vouch for you with the fellowship programs. It makes me laugh because you send all the paperwork when you apply, and then when you are getting credentialed by the institution before you start, you need to send them the same paperwork again.

OldPsychDoc

Senior Curmudgeon
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
Left of Center
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If I remember correctly, I also did not have mine and I told them, "no luck, what else?" They asked me questions about my last name, med school, and year of med school matriculation, and then emailed me my AAMC number. Good luck and I know that thing about needing a secretary. I ultimately set aside a whole Sunday afternoon to make a checklist of what I needed to send (e.g. who needs a notarized copy of the med school diploma, who needs just a plain old copy, how many need my USMLE scores, etc), fill out all the forms, write all the checks, and mail them to the appropriate place. It would be much easier if your residency director could just vouch for you with the fellowship programs. It makes me laugh because you send all the paperwork when you apply, and then when you are getting credentialed by the institution before you start, you need to send them the same paperwork again.

Get used to it--you'll be going through the same thing when you start your job! Keep copies of EVERYTHING.

fiatslug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 9, 2000
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
OK, so I called AAMC and they say you don't use your old AAMC ID--you generate a new one when you register. It worked!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.