Was looking at SDN year-end stuff, favorite threads, etc, and this 4 year old post from @elementaryschooleconomics… the smartest poster on SDN… struck me: I would place a footnote on this - CMS hit us totally randomly with the supervision rule change on November 1st, with uncertain but almost...
forums.studentdoctor.net
Hey everyone so there has been a discussion going on in the RadOnc forum for a while, it spans multiple threads and this thread I've linked I feel gives some good info. In the past year there has been multiple publications about starting encroachment from non physicians into radiation oncology, as well as the possibility of decreasing the need for Radiation Oncologists to be at the hospital/site they are treating patients at.
This raises multiple concerns to me because I frequent EM and Anesthesiology forums and read a lot of your threads and appreciate your thoughts. Would love for you to come and give input on what you think.
For reference, most of the people think our field is oversupplied and we do not have significant encroachment and are required to be on site most of the days, but people are trying to fight that thought process anyways and change it. If I am wrong let me know. Will update this more in the future-
Thanks for everyone who gives their voice,
Curb