You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pediatric Anesthesiology 2027 Fellowship Discussion
Started by gassytasi2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone got any interviews yet? So far I’ve just heard from Northwestern.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard from Stanford and northwestern. Still waiting on 6 other places.
phosphatemia
New Member
Anyone heard from CHLA?
I did hear from CHLA today. Didn’t apply to CHOP. Anyone heard from UCSF/Seattle/OHSU/Davis yet?
Edit: OHSU invite!
Edit: OHSU invite!
Last edited:
Same here, just starting to hear back from a few places and already realizing how much timing and luck play into this process. Trying to stay organized with dates and requirements because everything seems to move fast once invites start coming in. Curious how others are balancing interviews with residency schedules since that part feels like it might be the hardest to manage.Thought I would get things rolling this year with a new thread! Feel free to share your interview invites/feelings if you want to! Best of luck everyone.
Out of those listed I only applied to Seattle but still haven’t heard from them yet! Heard from CHOP yesterday tho!I did hear from CHLA today. Didn’t apply to CHOP. Anyone heard from UCSF/Seattle/OHSU/Davis yet?
Edit: OHSU invite!
I’m realizing I probably couldn’t go to more than 6 or 7 interviews if I tried. It’s just so hard to get all the time off, some of the interviews are 8 hours. I was surprised by that given that there’s not a ton of leeway in residency schedules. My chiefs are trying their best but it’s tough.Same here, just starting to hear back from a few places and already realizing how much timing and luck play into this process. Trying to stay organized with dates and requirements because everything seems to move fast once invites start coming in. Curious how others are balancing interviews with residency schedules since that part feels like it might be the hardest to manage.
My co-resident has 18 interviews while she's on her pain rotation and that requires you to show up only twice a week so I guess she got lucky in that senseSame here, just starting to hear back from a few places and already realizing how much timing and luck play into this process. Trying to stay organized with dates and requirements because everything seems to move fast once invites start coming in. Curious how others are balancing interviews with residency schedules since that part feels like it might be the hardest to manage.
18 interviews for peds?!that sounds insane! But I only applied to 10 programs and hoping to Interview at them all if I get invited since they’re virtual. Luckily my PDs are very flexible and allow for us to have 10 interview or professional days. But still try to balance the call burden/work burden on the days before the interview to make sure I’m preparedMy co-resident has 18 interviews while she's on her pain rotation and that requires you to show up only twice a week so I guess she got lucky in that sense
Why is anyone attending that many interviews? She's got to have narrowed down where she wants to live by now. And 0% chance you need that many interviews to match these daysMy co-resident has 18 interviews while she's on her pain rotation and that requires you to show up only twice a week so I guess she got lucky in that sense
Anyone hear from UCSF?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m going! I went when it was in Orlando and it was a ton of funIs anyone here going to SPA? I was able to get some days off and am trying to make it work last minute.
Awesome! I was initially hesitant on going because I'm the only resident going from my program, but think it will be fun and a good opportunity to make friends/meet future colleagues. 🙂I’m going! I went when it was in Orlando and it was a ton of fun
+1 for Seattle. Invite didn’t come through SF match, they emailed me directly, so everyone check your spam folders.
Expect for them to treat you well and beg you to come to their program. The number of applicants is likely not enough to fill all of their spots. I do not have numbers, but the general feeling is that even competitive fellowship programs are worried about application numbers being down the last couple of years. With the job market the way it is, I would not expect that to change much this year.Has anyone had any of their interviews yet? My first one is on Thursday and I’m starting to get nervous! Just curious what the overall vibe was for them
I have had one so far with a midwest program and it was lovely, everyone was very kind and it was conversational. Asked me a few questions about my CV and what my career goals were, but mainly asked me if I had any questions they could answer for me.Has anyone had any of their interviews yet? My first one is on Thursday and I’m starting to get nervous! Just curious what the overall vibe was for them
gasgirl123
New Member
I've heard from Seattle but not Boston. Anyone hear from Boston yet?Anyone hear from Seattle or Boston?
I just heard from Seattle and Boston. To my personal email, not through SF !I've heard from Seattle but not Boston. Anyone hear from Boston yet?
I’m glad the season is coming to an end, felt like it went on forever! I think it went well and nothing too surprising, just certain programs that seemed “nicer/kinder” than others! Excited to see where we all match!We’re nearing the end of interviews! Crazy. How have they been going for everyone and anything surprising?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 86
- Views
- 27K