An Obstacle In My Way (Help)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The assumption door swings both ways... either an adviser is useful or their not. We'll never know.. arguing about it is like arguing about colors. That's why I prefer to do my own research and not rely on someone else to give me the info that I should be able to google myself.

-In my comment, the assumption door was not swinging my way. I said I was providing an example to disagree with your assumptions about advisors lol
-As for "we'll never know".... people can find out by meeting with their own advisors and constructing their own opinions.
-I would like to think a person with experience would be better at providing useful information as opposed to a place full of crazies (the internet). But hey, each to his/her own. May have worked out for you.

Gonna stop here so I don't have to repeat myself again ;)

Members don't see this ad.

-In my comment, the assumption door was not swinging my way. I said I was providing an example to disagree with your assumptions about advisors lol
-As for "we'll never know".... people can find out by meeting with their own advisors and constructing their own opinions.
-I would like to think a person with experience would be better at providing useful information as opposed to a place full of crazies (the internet). But hey, each to his/her own. May have worked out for you.

Gonna stop here so I don't have to repeat myself again ;)

I just prefer to be in charge of my academic future. But im different remember ;)

I don't have a problem with Wired's positions: overall GPA is the most important stat representing you in your application. It can be qualified by a significant upward trend (a good post-grad GPA would be a sign of that), but your history never completely goes away. I know I was asked about my rocky beginnings at every interview I went to, and I also know it affected me negatively in post-interview calculations at some schools. This was regardless of my 3.9 master's GPA.

Frankly, a low grad school GPA is a sign of immaturity (at that levels, professors really go out of their way to make sure you succeed, and like someone else mentioned, most people realize that it's their last/only shot). As far as I'm concerned, it's also a good indicator that the student will not be able to handle the dental curriculum, where you have 3x the workload and 1/3 of the time to assimilate it.

Assuming that your DAT will carry you to an acceptance is another sign of immaturity. There is no school that considers the DAT irrespective of GPA. Even the ones that seem like they do expect a severe upward trend (ie: what you did as a freshman may not concern them as much, but they damn well expect the senior to be ready to handle the load.)

I know it's not the charitable thing to say, but having watched you make the same mistakes and excuses for over a year, I can honestly say that you're blowing it, 2pac. The way you're handling things, even if someone makes a mistake somewhere and you miraculously get in, you'll be out within a year and with a 100k worth of debt. Grow up before it's too late.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I reread my postings from last night, and I regret some of it. I want to apologize publicly to wired, as I am sure he/she has the best of intentions in helping others and does give some good info on this forum. I will refrain from worrying about others posts from here on out.

lol. Wired always gets owned for giving out poor advice/misinformation. I get the feeling he would be a crack up to know in person. The guy always spreading rumors that are not true and making decisions based off of crack-pot theories...

:smuggrin: :laugh:

I reread my postings from last night, and I regret some of it. I want to apologize publicly to wired, as I am sure he/she has the best of intentions in helping others and does give some good info on this forum. I will refrain from worrying about others posts from here on out.

No need to apologize I think we all are trying to share information. I am already admitted and I understand how 2pac feels because it sucks when you're not admitted. I dont ever feel that I know everything and I always ask for more info to learn more about processes. Its healthy to have these types of discussions and learn more from each other

Thats big of you. :thumbup: for good character

So back to the topic at hand...

Midterm 2 went much better (for a different class)

I think I'll get like a 3.4 GPA this quarter.

I updated my original post. Check it out homies.

Hi 2pac,

Good job on doing well on the 2nd midterm. Like a previous member said, you should be ready about 3-5 days before the midterm. No more cramming. That's what you do during your freshmen/sophmore year of undergrad. Can't have that type of mentality when you're planning to go into dental school. it will own you.