Anatomy Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gregoryhouse

Head of the Department of Diagnostic Medicine
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a research anatomy elective that I'm about to start next week that we are allowed to make up our own curriculum for. I was wondering if anyone could give me ideas I could use to do wet lab simulations. I won't have access to a real phaco machine but I am wondering if there are certain areas I could work on with the anatomy instructors such as learning to suture on pig eyes, etc.

If anyone has any recommendations, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Suturing without someone to teach you suturing can get old fast. Also it's hard to practice Ophtho things without some dry lab or wet lab items. Some people say you can practice your rhexis on a grape tomato but I've never tried.

I might try and learn:

1) anatomy of the orbit and adnexa - all of it
2) anatomy of the face - all the nerves and bones and blood supply
3) relevant neuroanatomy and pathways for vision.

That should keep you busy :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Suturing without someone to teach you suturing can get old fast. Also it's hard to practice Ophtho things without some dry lab or wet lab items. Some people say you can practice your rhexis on a grape tomato but I've never tried.

I might try and learn:

1) anatomy of the orbit and adnexa - all of it
2) anatomy of the face - all the nerves and bones and blood supply
3) relevant neuroanatomy and pathways for vision.

That should keep you busy :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yea I kinda of figured but thought I'd ask. Those sound like good things to focus on! Thanks for the advice.