Anatomy lectures on CD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dust

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who's going to a foreign med school and is not happy with his anatomy lectures. He asked me if I knew of any sets of anatomy lectures on CD. Personally I don't think anatomy lectures are that useful, I think reading and good atlas does the job but everyone is different. So has anyone come across anything like he's looking for? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

dust said:
I have a friend who's going to a foreign med school and is not happy with his anatomy lectures. He asked me if I knew of any sets of anatomy lectures on CD. Personally I don't think anatomy lectures are that useful, I think reading and good atlas does the job but everyone is different. So has anyone come across anything like he's looking for? Thanks.

Ackland's videos are very useful!

I'll second Ackland's DVD's. A good text (maybe Moore's) can help tie in the clinical stuff he'll need.

Members don't see this ad :)
While researching for a paper, I came across a few websites. But most of these are not peer reviewed. The one that I think is peer reviewed is
http://services.aamc.org/jsp/mededportal/

It is primarily for faculty to submit their educational materials. But students can use it too. You may have to contact the professor (or author), for some of them.

dtd

Here are the websites that I used to study from. I pasted my two favorites at the top of this list. The rest of the websites are given in no particular order.

U Michigan Learning Resources --- Best site for videos, quizzes, explanations
Anatomy Dissection Videos --- Needs Quicktime (iTunes) installed
The Anatomy Lesson --- By a Georgetown professor
Anatomy Studystacks
Anatomy tables --- origins, insertions, great stuff to memorize
Gray's Anatomy online
Lumen Dissector
U Michigan
PT (Physical Therapy) Central --- Lists of muscles
Net Anatomy
Salamon's Neuroanatomy Atlas
U Newfoundland
Duke Orthopedics --- Starts on Psoas muscle, difficult to navigate, but good resource overall
Whole Brain Atlas