Anatomy & Physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaveyDoo

DaveyDoo
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I was wondering how much A & P is used in pharmacy school? Is one used more than the other? The school i'm going to in the fall doesn't require either but recommends it. So, i'm taking it this summer...and was just curious how involved i should get into it? (were there any things that stand out as important or not important at all?)
Thanks everyon!!! :) :D

Members don't see this ad.

its very recommended to take anatomy and physiology, you learn a lot about body mechanism and organs functions. its spicily important to take physiology since you learn about the endocrine system, which will help you to understand how the body reacts to drugs, cell receptors, hormones??.ect.

My first year pathophysiology class was pretty tough. It required knowledge of both anatomy and physiology. I took A & P at a community college and there were some things that they didn't cover in detail that I needed in pharmacy school. It made those sections a little harder for me.

The pathophysiology is needed to understand disease states and you need to understand disease states before you can study drug therapy.