which anatomy course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phuturepharmer21

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm currently finishing up my prerequisites for pharmacy school. I need to take an anatomy class but im not sure which one to take. my local community college is on a semester system and offers two courses. theres "Intro to Human Anatomy" and "Human Anatomy." the intro to human anatomy class is 4 units and the human anatomy course is 5 units, both of these including labs. i'm wondering if it would matter which course i took, or would pharmacy schools prefer one over the other? cuz i do notice that on the list of pre requisite courses for any of the pharm schools i looked at just says "human anatomy." any recommendations or suggestions would help. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I'm currently finishing up my prerequisites for pharmacy school. I need to take an anatomy class but im not sure which one to take. my local community college is on a semester system and offers two courses. theres "Intro to Human Anatomy" and "Human Anatomy." the intro to human anatomy class is 4 units and the human anatomy course is 5 units, both of these including labs. i'm wondering if it would matter which course i took, or would pharmacy schools prefer one over the other? cuz i do notice that on the list of pre requisite courses for any of the pharm schools i looked at just says "human anatomy." any recommendations or suggestions would help. thanks!

Each specific program has a "prerequisite" criterion sheet that you can submit via email. It'd be located at any programs online FAQs or prerequisite pages. They'd compare the criteria provided from your school and see if it meets their minimal standard. That said, Intro to a "specific topic" vs the "actual topic" has a difference. Go with the Human Anatomy if you have doubts.

Reactions: 1 user