anatomy prerequisite completion by spring semester - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shimmeringstar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

i have applied to western university and they require that we complete the anatomy course by spring...i could not get into any anatomy class since they're all full...in this situation will they be able to let me take it in summer?? when a school says that it should be done by spring, how strict are they?? pleasee help

also, if anyone know of an anatomy course that will be starting anytime soon here in southern california then pleaseee let me know about it...even if they're full i can still go and ask if they can add me but most colleges have started so if anyone knows about any classes that are still goin to be starting then please let me know..thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

You need to call the school directly. I had the same situation. They wouldn't let me finish my biology during the summer. So, I did a late add at a community college, where I knew the professor.

Hi Shimmeringstar,

I just checked Mt. San Antonio College and it looks like the spring semester starts on Feb. 25 there. So check out their website www.mtsac.edu and hopefully you can add an anatomy class there. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Shimmeringstar,

I just checked Mt. San Antonio College and it looks like the spring semester starts on Feb. 25 there. So check out their website www.mtsac.edu and hopefully you can add an anatomy class there. Good luck.

thank you so much for that info! i just checked the website and their classes are full :(

thank you so much for that info! i just checked the website and their classes are full :(

Just wanted to wish you luck - hope everything works out for you.

You could try calling the registration office and asking if they expect the class to have a high drop rate. If so, you might be able to sit in as an unregistered student for a couple of weeks until someone drops, then register officially and take their place. It's worth asking about-- good luck!

You should enroll in the waitlist if you can and then make sure to attend the class and try to add it. Sometimes the professor will let a few extra people into the class and usually some people don't show up the first day or week so you might be able to get in from the waitlist. Especially if it's an understanding professor, you can explain your situation. Pretty much every class I've been waitlisted for, I've been able to get in. It's definitely worth a try!

You should enroll in the waitlist if you can and then make sure to attend the class and try to add it. Sometimes the professor will let a few extra people into the class and usually some people don't show up the first day or week so you might be able to get in from the waitlist. Especially if it's an understanding professor, you can explain your situation. Pretty much every class I've been waitlisted for, I've been able to get in. It's definitely worth a try!

Especially A&P. About half of my class dropped after the first exam when I took it. If you explain your situation to the prof, he/she may be more understanding than you think... worth a try!

To give you an idea of how things should work, many schools will request that you submit your final transcript during the summer. They'll go over it one last time to see if you have all the prereqs done. Since they probably don't know your personal situation from reviewing many other people, the lack of an anatomy course could send off red flags that may lead to a rescinded offer.

Check to see if your school will accept that CC Anatomy course too. You certainly don't want to take a course that won't count leaving you in a bit of a bind.

thank you soo much everyone for the good wishes and the info! i really appreciate it! please keep posting if you know about any school in southern california starting late or about any school that is on a quarter system (since those schools have spring quarter starting in march/april) thank you soo much!

go to GCC now, if you can make it to the first day of class and just stay, you'll get in. Some girl started begging and crying because she had to take Anatomy for pharm school last year and the teacher let her stay even though she was last on the waiting list to even get on the waiting list.

Hope you can find somewhere! The other suggestions are what I was going to say so won't repeat. Beg, beg, beg, and explain. LOL.

My Cell Biology class was dropping like flies last semester. Within a month at least 15 of the 40 people were gone. I then followed. LOL. Gotta retake it in the fall.

if you want to shell out like $650....u can take it at any UC (ie. UCLA extension student) for Spring Qtr which starts during 4th week of March.

Even if the class is full, show up on the first day and explain your situation to the prof. Tell him/her that you will not be able to get into pharm school if you don't take this class and Beg!
You might want to try to get a hold of the prof before classes start...Email or go to meet him/her....and I think u'll be fine.
I've had to do this before and community colleges are pretty good about adding people.

if you want to shell out like $650....u can take it at any UC (ie. UCLA extension student) for Spring Qtr which starts during 4th week of March.

hi but wouldnt the ucla students get priority? i mean is it usually full there?

thank you so much everyone for the suggestions! so far havent been able to get in yet..please keep posting ur suggestions! thank you so much

hi but wouldnt the ucla students get priority? i mean is it usually full there?

Priority....yes in a way....because you need to get the professor to sign the extension form. But if you are good, maybe you can get a hold of the professor before class even starts... Im not quite sure how "popular" anatomy is at UCLA....I'm an extension student for Neuroscience and I didn't have a problem for neuro class.

Priority....yes in a way....because you need to get the professor to sign the extension form. But if you are good, maybe you can get a hold of the professor before class even starts... Im not quite sure how "popular" anatomy is at UCLA....I'm an extension student for Neuroscience and I didn't have a problem for neuro class.

thanks soo much for the info! i'll check into that. thankss so much