Anatomy shelf exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boxohm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good review book for the anatomy shelf exam. Several people have suggested BRS Gross Anatomy, but I was wondering if HY Gross Anatomy would be enough, it's shorter and I prefer the format, I would like to know if it is enough.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You can probably use whatever you want to review if you did well in class, but definitely use the questions in BRS. I used BRS exclusively and gross anatomy was my best shelf score by far.

id go with the above poster I guess. i used greys anatomy review
(that green book) but I wouldn't say it was spectacular. I dont think there was really a general consensus in my class about what source was best. Also do those NMBE practice questions, the 20 free
ones they have for free, cause they're most like shelf questions

Members don't see this ad :)
UMich practice questions + reading the answer explanations. That's all I did last year and the questions on the shelf were pretty similar to the practice ones.

I could not tolerate reading through BRS or RR (both were very dry reads), so I did this instead. A lot more "fun" while still reviewing high yield stuff. If you prefer reading a review book, RR felt easier to read through than BRS did. Best of luck!

UMich practice questions + reading the answer explanations. That's all I did last year and the questions on the shelf were pretty similar to the practice ones.

I could not tolerate reading through BRS or RR (both were very dry reads), so I did this instead. A lot more "fun" while still reviewing high yield stuff. If you prefer reading a review book, RR felt easier to read through than BRS did. Best of luck!

Forgot to mention I did the Michigan questions after each chapter.

did anyone take anatomy or histo shelf this year?