...and the waiting game continues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubsfan

Resident
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I called Mt. Sinai. All I asked is if they received my secondary, fee, letters, etc... They person on the phone said, while Yes, they did receive my stuff, they have not received ANY AMCAS applications yet. I received similar answers when I called CWRU and Northwestern.

My question is, how the heck can schools like Columbia, GW, Pitt, Vandy, etc...start giving out interviews YET other schools CANNOT start reviewing files?!

Members don't see this ad.

Columbia is non-AMCAS. GWU requested applicants send in a printed copy of their AMCAS application. I didn't apply to the other two so I couldn't say if they're accepting paper copies, but I would guess they probably are.

all the schools that you mentioned EXCept for Pitt and Vandy, had secondaries to go by...

I sent pitt and vandy a copy of my AMCAS applicaiton, but it seems that BOTH schools are playing the numbers game, going by the unverified AMCAS numbers of GPA and MCAT...I did not apply to vandy, and I withdrew my applicaiton from pitts :D

pit especially because they are hypocrits, claim interested in extracurricular activies, but in fact for both vandy and pitts, students got interviews LONG before they even received the secondaries from the students...what a bunch of dimwitted fools..... :rolleyes:

I must disagree with you here watchamacallit...
I don't think you should have withdrawn and what you think is unfair i gaurantee every university does it...just most of them are a lot more secretive about the whole issue. Of course there is a large part of numbers...and it's not like pitts or vandy sent out ALL their fillings for interviews to these "more qualified" people....I think for the most part ALL schools look about 33 percent at GPA, 33 percent at MCAT, and then the rest is divied up over personal statement and EC's. This is how one of my instructors/advisors broke it down.