And you thought your residency was bad....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Napoleon1801

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad



This is a new list of tasks for the surgery residents at Oschner Health System, Louisiana due to the most recent COVID wave.



1628564152427.png
 
I imagine being pulled from training (or teaching or waiting tables or changing oil at the local mechanic shop) to...I dunno, put on a uniform and serve in an overseas conflict fighting Nazis would be worse...
 
The only reason I can imagine that would even fly is because of COVID. In the pre-COVID era, this would have been reported to ACGME as non-educational scut and would have been squashed pretty quickly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We were preparing our anatomical trainees to run the mortuary at the start of the pandemic. Don't need AP registrars once the hospital system collapses.