Technology Android Medical Apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SirGecko

Go Navy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So anyone have any suggestions on the best apps for a medical student to get?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
check (link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
At some point, I should probably port my iPhone app over to Android. No idea how long that will take though. This silly thing called "school". :(

Epocrates is giving ALL registered medical students free subscriptions to Epocrates Essentials for the month of August only. Since there isnt a Epocrates Essentials for Android yet (just Rx), here is a work around to transfer the license once Epocrates Essentials is released for Android:

You can get the Epocrates now and then transfer the license by following these instructions:

Here are the “Transfer your license code” instruction from their FAQ Support page, you’ll need to do this once they have Epocrates Essentials available for Android:

http://epocrates1.custhelp.com/cgi-...Xh0PXRyYW5zZmVyIGxpY2Vuc2U*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Let me know if there are any problems with this.

2011 EMRA Antibiotic Guide (brand new!)

ePocrates

Skyscape

Qx Calculator

"MiniMental State Exam". pretty simple and straight forward app that I found on the Droid market

PubMed mobile is pretty nice

Medscape has a mobile app for different platforms including Android

There is another app on the android market called "Vitamins & Minerals" not really a medical app but can be a good educational resource for patients

2011 EMRA Antibiotic Guide (brand new!)

ePocrates

Skyscape

Qx Calculator

Oh gawd yeah! I do love me some epoc and sky :thumbup::thumbup:

Skyscape even has:
- Surg Recall
- MGH IM Booklet (Sabatine, the half-sheet binder booklet)
- Netter !!!
- 5minute consult
- Stedman's
- Stedman's Acronym

With these programs, I definitely lightened my white-coat load by 5+ pounds during each rotation.

Brains in my pocket all the way :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I will most definitely be doing the transfer.
Bye bye Palm.

HELLO Samsung Vibrant :D

Epocrates is giving ALL registered medical students free subscriptions to Epocrates Essentials for the month of August only. Since there isnt a Epocrates Essentials for Android yet (just Rx), here is a work around to transfer the license once Epocrates Essentials is released for Android:

You can get the Epocrates now and then transfer the license by following these instructions:

Here are the “Transfer your license code” instruction from their FAQ Support page, you’ll need to do this once they have Epocrates Essentials available for Android:

http://epocrates1.custhelp.com/cgi-...Xh0PXRyYW5zZmVyIGxpY2Vuc2U*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Let me know if there are any problems with this.

Hey.. I'm a new Android user (On Samsung's Galaxy s2.. sick phone!) and i installed Medscape and ePocrates.. they look nice so far but I didn't test them enough

Let's keep this thread alive for tips and useful applications because we will probably see a lot more as Android spreads

You might want to check MEDSCAPE. I use it a lot and I guess ot's the best android medical app in the market.

CS ACLS is about the best code app (with both ACLS and PALS guidelines) that I've seen. Have to remember to switch from European to AHA standards at start up, though)

I finally ported my iPhone app Pocket Lab Values over to Android: Android Market

any other recommended apps for android?

lexi-complete crack version is good apps ? lexi is the best medical app na ?

can we download this android mecial Apps freely online? it is ideal to use soft include the function of PubMed

Hi there,
you know useful Android applications for vets?

I have recently bought "Anaesthesia exotic animals" in the Android market.

you know more?

thanks.
Max

I would expect to see more medical android apps in the future, as a few biotech companies are planning on using the os in diagnostic equipment.

I think CareZone is a best medical app for android phone users.

Dose Manager (android) helps medical professionals and students to easily calculate and manage dosage of drugs.

Features are :

- add your list of drugs or choose from an offline list of drugs
- specify static drug parameters such as stock strength, stock volume
- associate drugs to a selected dose type
- create a drug category and add drugs under it
- create dose groups and add drugs to it. Dosage is automatically calculated and saved.
- perform quick calculation using the dosage calculator