OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician

Andy, eat more fiber bro, I think you are backed way up.

OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I was wrong!

NOW I SEE YOU FOR WHO YOU REALLY ARE:

OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician

Guess whos baby picture?

OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
counting a bone marrow somewhere near you
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I totally cannot get into the Lounge. I have gone over to visit a few times and am just not feeling it. Which I suppose is fine, because if I have another SDN path in my life everything else in my life would implode.

b&ierstiefel

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
In a van down by the river.
Status
Non-Student
beary said:
I totally cannot get into the Lounge. I have gone over to visit a few times and am just not feeling it. Which I suppose is fine, because if I have another SDN path in my life everything else in my life would implode.
there was a period of time where I frequented the Lounge. it's just a whole different world there though. and i don't belong, so i post there very infrequently now.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
beary said:
You said it! It's like the randomness that we see in Path, taken into the stratosphere.

I suppose deep down, I am just an anti-social little pathologist-in-waiting... :p

yaah

Boring
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Fixing in 10% neutral buffered formalin
Status
Attending Physician
deschutes said:
You said it! It's like the randomness that we see in Path, taken into the stratosphere.

I suppose deep down, I am just an anti-social little pathologist-in-waiting... :p
Yeah - a lot of threads there are just conversation type things too - only they move a bit faster so if you are absent for a day or two you get completely lost. But it doesn't really matter (unless you are trying to keep up with everything posted which I don't recommend) because you can just post something random and the subject will be changed anyway.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
It's the same conversation continued over say seven threads at once, depending on whichever happens to appear at the top when you return to the main Lounge page.

I suppose you could search a particular username and the engine would return post results in order of time/date posted and it would all start make sense, but hell it's the Lounge - it's not supposed to make sense.

yaah

Boring
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
The other weird thing is that some people there restrict themselves to one thread within the lounge, and that is the limit of their posting. Instead of posting somewhere else they will keep refreshing the same thread and posting, "Is anyone here?" until someone asks them how their day was and eventually the conversation turns to the weather or something.

b&ierstiefel

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
Status
Non-Student
yaah said:
Beary! How are you? The weather here is kind of ok today, a little cold. I'm a little tired though and need to do a presentation. Anything new in your life? :laugh:
OMFG! yaah's back! Where did you go? How have you been?

I saw a moose today. It said hello. I was like, holy sh1t, the moose can talk!

Then I went grocery shopping and bought parsley.

Then I came home and made a pizza out of PB&J.

Yay.

yaah

Boring
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
AndyMilonakis said:
OMFG! yaah's back! Where did you go? How have you been?

I saw a moose today. It said hello. I was like, holy sh1t, the moose can talk!

Then I went grocery shopping and bought parsley.

Yay.
Andy! Haven't heard from you in so long! Send me a PM we need to catch up. Have you heard from Deschutes? Still telling that poo story? You're crazy and you rock! :love: :love:

:laugh:

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
AndyMilonakis said:
UGH.

I tried to dig up the classic an-animal-exploded-here picture but it's gone now :(

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey yaah and Andy!

Not too much is going on here either. Last night I couldn't sleep, so I got up and took a benadryl. I started reading this book by John Grisham (The Last Juror) - so far it's pretty good. I slept in kind of late, and then got up and am working on my thesis. Also I got to talk to my niece on the phone! But that's about it. Later today I have to go out and get my dad a birthday present. :laugh:

b&ierstiefel

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
Status
Non-Student
yaah said:
Andy! Haven't heard from you in so long! Send me a PM we need to catch up. Have you heard from Deschutes? Still telling that poo story? You're crazy and you rock! :love: :love:

:laugh:
Sorry my PM box is full. Everybody's been telling me to empty out my PM box cuz I haven't been around in a few days either.

Check out my new avatar. I was sitting on the toilet and inspiration hit me. Then I had a cup of coffee. Then I read a book. OMG OMG you gotta check this out. Did you see that last episode of American Idol? That was soooo awesome.

You rock too! :cool: ooh...cool, I just used the cool smiley face. I guess that makes us cool.

:rolleyes:

yaah

Boring
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
beary said:
Hey yaah and Andy!

Not too much is going on here either. Last night I couldn't sleep, so I got up and took a benadryl. I started reading this book by John Grisham (The Last Juror) - so far it's pretty good. I slept in kind of late, and then got up and am working on my thesis. Also I got to talk to my niece on the phone! But that's about it. Later today I have to go out and get my dad a birthday present. :laugh:
Beary! What's up girl we need to chat more. Sorry I'm not around here more often but send me a PM I got stuff to tell you! :love:

Deschutes I refuse to believe you don't talk to yourself.

b&ierstiefel

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
Status
Non-Student
beary said:
Hey yaah and Andy!

Holy ****ing ****! It's beary! Haha! Wasup! Haven't seen you like forever!

How's that thesis writing going? Did you finish chapter 4 yet? I hated writing chapter 4 of my thesis. It totally sucked. I hated it. I wanted to die.

Oh check this out...I think tonight's gonna be a frozen pizza night.

Ouch! I just stapled my finger to the article. I need a paramedic.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
This reminds me of some people that I know. I'll see them in the hall, and they'll say, "Call me!! We have to catch up!" or "email me! I have some stuff to tell you!" And while I appreciate their interest in sharing with me, deep down, I'm thinking, "Why don't you call or email me if you have something to say!!"

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
yaah said:
Sorry I'm not around here more often but send me a PM I got stuff to tell you! :love:
Yaah, you really have been gone a lot lately! Why? Is surg path more important to you than SDN? :( It's just not the same around here with you. :love:

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
AndyMilonakis said:
Holy ****ing ****! It's beary! Haha! Wasup! Haven't seen you like forever!

How's that thesis writing going? Did you finish chapter 4 yet? I hated writing chapter 4 of my thesis. It totally sucked. I hated it. I wanted to die.

Oh check this out...I think tonight's gonna be a frozen pizza night.

Ouch! I just stapled my finger to the article. I need a paramedic.
ANDY!!!! Wazzup man?? You da bomb.

Yeah, thesis writing totally sucks. I haven't even started chapter 4. I so want to die.

And get this - I actually ordered some PapaJohn's, and put the leftovers in my fridge, and then FORGOT about it. Just totally forgot about some perfectly good pizza. Now it's too old.

yaah

Boring
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
beary said:
This reminds me of some people that I know. I'll see them in the hall, and they'll say, "Call me!! We have to catch up!" or "email me! I have some stuff to tell you!" And while I appreciate their interest in sharing with me, deep down, I'm thinking, "Why don't you call or email me if you have something to say!!"
I totally think like this too - it gets me when people say, "Why don't you call me anymore?" or something like that. It's a two way street, bucko! I tend to feel like the initiator with friends I haven't seen in awhile, and sometimes I wonder how these people stay friends at all.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
That's the story of me growing up. I have an inherent inability to gush. I eventually learnt to say yes and smile and nod, because I knew they would never call :rolleyes:

yaah I think I'm talking to myself now, just watching the three of you go.