Anesthesia cc vs medicine cc

Started by hector10
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hector10

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EM resident here

Recently became interested in critical care after a recent rotation. I just started my PGY2 year in a 3 year program.

My goal is to work in a MICU/ CICU

It seems there's a lot more Anesthesia cc programs who are more welcoming to EM grads. Would it be a road block if I applied to these programs as my goal is to end up in a MICU. Theres only a limited amount of medicine CC program.

I would have to apply 6 months or so earlier to an anesthesia program vs medicine program in order to start right after residency.

Any thoughts, im basically worried about my chances for a medicine spot, but also anesthesia has more spots, seems more welcoming to EM people, and way more desirable locations.


Thanks