Anesthesia Critical Care Medicine (ACCM) Fellowship 2025-2026 Application Thread

Started by EMCritter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EMCritter

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Starting an ACCM thread for the 2025–2026 fellowship match. I’m a PGY-3 EM resident interested in SICU- and CT-ICU–focused programs. Would appreciate any insight on different programs, the number of interviews people are receiving, interview experiences, and any advice current fellows or attendings have for applicants.
 
also an EM applicant here! Some programs ask for extra documents (like MSPE and med school transcript) to be uploaded to SF match…but there doesn’t seem to be an option to do so?
 
also an EM applicant here! Some programs ask for extra documents (like MSPE and med school transcript) to be uploaded to SF match…but there doesn’t seem to be an option to do so?
Yeah, unfortunately, you can't upload them on SF Match. I have been emailing it to them directly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heard back from 9 programs so far. Interviews from 7/9, waitlisted for interview at 1 and mistakenly applied for the one that does not take EM residents.
 
Have any of you guys heard from Michigan, Vanderbilt, BIDMC, Columbia, Univ. of Washington, OSHU, Univ. of Utah, Univ. of Wisconsin Stanford, Emory, UCLA, UC San Diego, and Cleveland?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think interview season is pretty much wrapped, at least for me. Blessed to have interviewed at 13 programs. Waiting for April 15 for a match exception or June at least for the match.
 
I agree. I still have a few left, but it’s been a great experience so far. Most of them seem like they would provide strong training experiences. I hope all EM residents receive match exception offers and can enjoy a relatively stress-free spring. Which programs do you all consider to be top-tier and mid-tier? I truly don't think anyone is low-tier.
 
The more I interview the more I'm having a hard time making a definitive rank. Obviously wanted a multidisciplinary experiences with built in MICU time - but even for the ones that don't technically have built in time, a lot of them are very flexible with the 2nd year curriculum. Trying to decide between more flexible programs vs more structured programs...
 
I agree. I’m mainly looking for a more CTICU-focused program, but even those come in so many different flavors, and each one has something good and unique about it. What do you guys think about programs with non-funded second year where you have to do ED shifts to make up the salary?