Critical Care Actual Income

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bikeforlife

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I'm a 3rd year chief IM resident and am strongly considering applying pulm/CC.

However, I'm curious to hear from those practicing, what is your actual income from practicing 1week on 1week off? I see and hear a wide disparity of salaries for this schedule and am curious what can be expected in different settings for those who do not supplement their practice with pulm.

Thank you!
 
Hello all,

I'm a 3rd year chief IM resident and am strongly considering applying pulm/CC.

However, I'm curious to hear from those practicing, what is your actual income from practicing 1week on 1week off? I see and hear a wide disparity of salaries for this schedule and am curious what can be expected in different settings for those who do not supplement their practice with pulm.

Thank you!


I am not in this field but would imagine it's highly variable...You need to get your hands on MGMA data*. Breaks it down by percentile, region, national etc. Many employed physician's positions base their compensation on this data.

*Pretty expensive to buy this data