Anesthesia Elective Book

Started by SCDoc4
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SCDoc4

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Third year in the Mid-West newly converted to Anesthesia from Surgery. Current residents or interns give any insight on a good book in Anesthesia to buy to learn concepts, techniques, etc.?

Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Personal experience.

- I read from Baby Miller and Secrets. Also brush up on physiology and pharmacology.

- Keep your ears and eyes open. You can pick up a lot of things casually.

- Read about whatever you heard/learnt that day.

- You can learn about procedures by reading but when you can observe and think about what is going on.

- Never forget what is going on in the surgical field.
 
Hey guys,

Third year in the Mid-West newly converted to Anesthesia from Surgery. Current residents or interns give any insight on a good book in Anesthesia to buy to learn concepts, techniques, etc.?

Thanks!

Read Marino's ICU book - the overlap of critical care and OR anesthesia is significant, and it'll help you understand whats going on when your an intern
 
I just looked on amazon and its the 6th edition and costs approximately $70 new. Is this the one you guys are talking about???

Thanks!

Your school library should have one. I would wait to actually buy books until residency. Places I interviewed will give you books or iPad or they have a library. But I'm also the kind that doesn't buy books until the 2nd day of class.