Anesthesia Elective Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCDoc4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Third year in the Mid-West newly converted to Anesthesia from Surgery. Current residents or interns give any insight on a good book in Anesthesia to buy to learn concepts, techniques, etc.?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personal experience.

- I read from Baby Miller and Secrets. Also brush up on physiology and pharmacology.

- Keep your ears and eyes open. You can pick up a lot of things casually.

- Read about whatever you heard/learnt that day.

- You can learn about procedures by reading but when you can observe and think about what is going on.

- Never forget what is going on in the surgical field.

I liked Baby Miller.

My preceptors liked pimping me from it :laugh:

I just looked on amazon and its the 6th edition and costs approximately $70 new. Is this the one you guys are talking about???

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Third year in the Mid-West newly converted to Anesthesia from Surgery. Current residents or interns give any insight on a good book in Anesthesia to buy to learn concepts, techniques, etc.?

Thanks!

Read Marino's ICU book - the overlap of critical care and OR anesthesia is significant, and it'll help you understand whats going on when your an intern

I just looked on amazon and its the 6th edition and costs approximately $70 new. Is this the one you guys are talking about???

Thanks!

Your school library should have one. I would wait to actually buy books until residency. Places I interviewed will give you books or iPad or they have a library. But I'm also the kind that doesn't buy books until the 2nd day of class.