Anesthesia Malpractice Case w/ Expert Witness Opinion

Started by bbc586
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbc586

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Need some advice from a practicing anesthesiologist on this case <link deleted by mod>

Seems like most of the criticism is focused on the epidural, specifically if the meds were appropriate.

Do you think the expert witness is right?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd definitely like to hear more on this as this is the first "expert witness" testimony I've read and it was interesting to read. Now, obviously I can't see what this person read in the patient's chart, but I disagree with his statement about the allergy. I've seen enough bull**** allergy charting to know that what is in the chart can't be 100% trusted. I am wondering why they administered something for nausea in the PACU when the patient was still intubated, even more so that promethazine isn't my first line OR 2nd line drug for nausea.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.