Anesthesia (off) topics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epidural man

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’d like to hear from the Anesthesiologists first - then a moderator or two to chime in.

I recently started a great topic but it was closed - I assume - because it wasn’t about anesthesia.

So. Here is my question.

If I want to discuss an off topic discussion with my anesthesia friends here on SDN, where do I do that? We always have great discussions, often heated with varied opinions from people I have listened to and greatly respect. It’s great great fun. So where do I go for that? I can’t go to the off-topic board. That isn’t anesthesiologists and it would be a total dick move for me to say “only anesthesiologists that I know speak up”

Members don't see this ad.

There are a lot of off topic discussions
Your off topic discussion was just bizarre

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the narrative here? Seems like the people in charge are attempting to manufacture a war against China as soon as we pulled out of Afghanistan. Are we at war with eastasia or eurasia?

What is the end goal? Where is the evidence? Why are the politicians trying to create this outrage?

You know who actually has confirmed proof of bioterrorism against the American people? The american military. Remember when they sprayed San Francisco in the 50s with bacteria, sickening many people? There are several examples of these experiments perpetrated by our own country.

Reactions: 1 users
What is the narrative here? Seems like the people in charge are attempting to manufacture a war against China as soon as we pulled out of Afghanistan. Are we at war with eastasia or eurasia?

What is the end goal? Where is the evidence? Why are the politicians trying to create this outrage?

You know who actually has confirmed proof of bioterrorism against the American people? The american military. Remember when they sprayed San Francisco in the 50s with bacteria, sickening many people? There are several examples of these experiments perpetrated by our own country.
The narrative is simple. It is crazy how easy a government sponsored narrative can be squashed or facilitated.

My friend was just telling me about how the Washington Post was very very close to never publishing the Watergate info because of government and public pressure.

Reactions: 1 user
That same friend, when we were discussing these things - shared this quote with me. It’s a wonderful quote.

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.”

Charles Mackay

Your thread being locked was just another opportunity for the truth to be silenced!

Just kidding. take that bull**** elsewhere. Like the doctors lounge at your hospital.

idk i thought it was interesting. nothing wrong with discussion. its never good to think we know it all and what we know are absolute facts
there are a lot of stupid things going on all over the world all the time. i think its okay to discuss it

Reactions: 4 users
(I understand limits on certain things and that sites/moderators can choose what is discussed so let's get that out of the way).

The idea that people can walk by a conversation that they don't care for (or pop into a thread) and not just keep walking (or enter the thread again) is very curious. It is ever more audacious for them to think that they have the power to tell the people in that conversation to stop their conversation because they don't approve.

Reactions: 3 users