Anesthesia/Trauma rotation at Cook County

Started by Fuzionite
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fuzionite

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone here did a rotation in either of the above departments ? Could you tell me about your experience?
 
How did you go about with the application process? It seems to me that the instructions listed on their website are outdated since they are not replying. Did you physically mail them your application or email them? Also, I assume you rotated there as a resident?
 
I had to email a bunch of people. I rotated as an M4. From the website, this is the application: http://www.cookcountyhhs.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/M4-Application-5.2018.pdf

Within there the contact is
Patricia Kelly-Powers
Department of Trauma and Burn
1900 W. Polk St. Room 1309 Chicago, IL 60612
Email: [email protected]

Here is another link with several emails
Trauma Surgery - SHCC/Stroger
Dr. Denis is the program director, he eventually replied to my email. Adriana is the program coordinator, she is probably still there. I would email her first.