Anesthesiologist wannabe - help me decide these DO schools: CCOM, DMU-COM, ARCOM, CUSOM, WVSOM, BCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darlingletsgocrazy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
TIA!

Also please let me know if yall think with Step 1 going pass fail anesthesiology will no longer be (as) DO friendly. I need the blunt truth!

Tuition is not an issue for me. I want to go the program that will best prepare me for anesthesiology (and even better: surgical specialties)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's probably CCOM or DMUCOM if money isn't an issue.

do you know which one is better?

also, is MSU-COM better than both of these for me do you think? i just sent my primary to them not too long ago
idk. These are all top DO schools you got here.
You could dig deeper into their stats/match rates, curriculums, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
DO schools tend to match better in their local region. Pick a school near residency's that take DOs

Reactions: 1 user
DO schools tend to match better in their local region. Pick a school near residency's that take DOs
Thank you. I don't mean to sound needy but I don't know how to go about this. Is there somewhere I can find a list of all residencies? Sounds like I need to put in the time to comb through the list?

Thank you. I don't mean to sound needy but I don't know how to go about this. Is there somewhere I can find a list of all residencies? Sounds like I need to put in the time to comb through the list?
Look up local schools/hospitals, look to see if they have an anesthesia residency, most will have a list of current residents and look for either DO after the names or DO schools listed

Reactions: 1 user