Anesthesiology Chief Residents

Started by meddog1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

meddog1

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question and I certainly wish to thank any of you in advance for any information:

I am looking for any openings for transfer as soon as possible into a CA-1 or CA-2 position. I was displaced from my residency position several years ago because of a matter unrelated to medicine that forced me to take an extended leave.

Background:

At the time of my separation I was past the mid-point of my CA-2 academic year, with only 17 months remaining in my residency training. In my sub-specialty months of training, satisfying the requirements of the American Board of Anesthesiology, I had already completed the required months in Cardiac, Neurosurgical, and Obstetrical Anesthesiology, as well as Surgical Critical Care. I performed well on each rotation. I am also heavily trained in Trauma Anesthesiology.

My first year AKT scores ranged from the 52nd to 73rd percentile and I understand that my ABA In-service examination scores were consistent with passing the examination after residency training. My USMLE scores are not superior. However, because they are used as a predictor of ABA board exam success in medical students applying for an anesthesiology residency, there should be minimal concern in my my case. That is, in my case, my written testing ability in Anesthesiology is documented and no longer needs to be predicted using USMLE scores.

I have earned over 40 CME credits over this past year alone and I wish to respectfully submit to you that my ability to devote more time to study has actually placed me at a theoretical lead in relation to other residents, nationally, at my same academic level.

During my leave my scientific and medical skills assisted me in developing The Medical and Scientific Advisory Subcommittee, for which I direct and chair, for the local chapter of The Justice Project/The Innocence Project. I am designing, and have also been working to develop, patents for two separate medical devices, and I am working on the manuscripts of a medical study-guide for publication. Additionally, I have spent time serving my local community as a volunteer. I have been working with the elderly and have also helped in recording college and professional-level textbooks for the blind and dyslexic.

I was in good-standing at my former institution with numerous written evaluations praising my skills, competence and professionalism. As a matter of fact, I can say with confidence that at the time I took hiatus, I was in-line for the position of Chief Resident for the following academic year. I was indeed a very good and academically sound resident and I can supply a virtual cornucopia of documentation to support this.

My future goals are to complete a fellowship in Pain Management with an emphasis in Cancer Pain Treatment and to enlist as a Medical Officer reservist in the United States Navy, once my training is complete. I would be very greatful if any of you could advise me or tell me if you are are aware of any positions opening at your respective programs.

Thanks much! 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jetproppilot said:
Yet another "f ukkin hell yeah" to the open forum.

Norm rules again.

Can't do this in DaMen's Club, folks.


Alright bro, get over the "foreskin society" crap, it's getting kind of old. We all know you hate it, get over it and move on now. Muchos gracias! 😴

Respectfully,

Foreskin society member :laugh:
 
driverabu said:
Alright bro, get over the "foreskin society" crap, it's getting kind of old. We all know you hate it, get over it and move on now. Muchos gracias! 😴

Respectfully,

Foreskin society member :laugh:
Amen to this 👍
-also a member :laugh:
Again, I wonder what he would say to the females in the "club' 😎
 
there are often unexpected open spots/held spots after first year. you should make an effort to stay in contact with a program(s) you really liked but didn't get a spot at when you interviewed. just ask sevoflurane, he's transferring into our program this year. this means a spot opened up at his program as well.

keep your ear to the tracks, stay in touch with programs, start now. you may be able to switch in somewhere.
 
driverabu said:
Alright bro, get over the "foreskin society" crap, it's getting kind of old. We all know you hate it, get over it and move on now. Muchos gracias! 😴

Respectfully,

Foreskin society member :laugh:

ahhh, c'mon bro.

its gotta ring to it.

BTW, Ministry. In Da House.

Da House of Blues.

One week from tonite.

I'll be in the Foundation Room banging my head.
 
jetproppilot said:
ahhh, c'mon bro.

its gotta ring to it.

BTW, Ministry. In Da House.

Da House of Blues.

One week from tonite.

I'll be in the Foundation Room banging my head.


Saw them at the State Palace(?) on canal. Wicked good show. Enjoy.
 
VolatileAgent said:
there are often unexpected open spots/held spots after first year. you should make an effort to stay in contact with a program(s) you really liked but didn't get a spot at when you interviewed. just ask sevoflurane, he's transferring into our program this year. this means a spot opened up at his program as well.

keep your ear to the tracks, stay in touch with programs, start now. you may be able to switch in somewhere.


Thanks Volatile! Do you know where I can track Sevo down? I have been searching the threads a bit and can't seem to find any posts to hook up on a PM. 😕
 
meddog1 said:
Thanks Volatile! Do you know where I can track Sevo down? I have been searching the threads a bit and can't seem to find any posts to hook up on a PM. 😕


Go up to the toolbar under Member List and find Sevo alphabetically.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad