Anesthesiology Residency Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peachd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to apply for an anesthesia residency. Step 1 score = 242
Can anyone comment on the anesthesia program(s) that they feel are "best" and why (e.g. resident satisfaction, caseloads, hours)? I am also interested in knowing what the intern year is like for these programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
haha looks like you went off to "look elsewhere" for advice and realized theres nowhere better than here.

but hey if youre in ohio can't really go wrong with case western or cleveland clinic

I plan to apply for an anesthesia residency. I am an allopathic applicant with a Step 1 score of 242.

Can anyone comment on the anesthesia program(s) that they feel are "best" and why (e.g. resident satisfaction, caseloads, hours)? I am also interested in knowing what the intern year is like for these programs. Midwest-area residencies (e.g. Ohio) are of particular interest to me.

Sweet Jesus. I would normally ignore this thread, but this week has gotten out of control. Have you searched the well of prior threads on this topic?

You are obviously new here, so be warned about this advice you seek: If you ask for our opinion on certain programs, you will get a handful of people that love the program, and a handful that think it is mediocre. There will be large-scale disagreement, and you will have gained nothing. If you want to know what the intern year is like, you should ask them when you interview at the program.

I gather you are a fresh 3rd year student. This year you will be rewarded for your ability to gather relevant information independently. This is a perfect opportunity. There is a tab at the top of your window that says Interview Feedback. Take it for a spin. Next, try out the search function. You know what programs are in the midwest. Search threads that discuss those programs.

Furthermore, your current ratio of times you mention your score : number of posts is 2:7.

You need to work on that. It should be 2:∞

Furthermore, your current ratio of times you mention your score : number of posts is 2:7.

You need to work on that. It should be 2:∞

:laugh: :thumbup:

I love how his score is totally irrelevant to his question, but he feels the need to throw it out there anyway.

If you need praise from strangers on an anonymous forum, anesthesiology may not be right for you. You should really think about that.

What is quite amazing is that you were able to attain such a high score but are yet still unable to navigate this website to find the information you were looking for. Good luck to you!

why is the attitude and condescension necessary to these posters--it as at least as predictable and cliche as the posts themselves? can we not acknowledge that trainee's will seek information from those of us who have gone before and that these types of questions (which programs are best, how competitive am I, etc) are annual rituals that accompany this time of year? it reflects so poorly on everyone--we were all clueless in search of answers once, too...

tough crowd. you'd think the guy said Obamanomics will save us.

Lol, poor guy/girl. I kind of feel for him/her, but at the same time, I've come to enjoy the "daisy-cutter" style admonishing of upper levels for the younger ones (including myself). Look out for a new thread with a low number of posts and a score in the low 240s requesting advice on programs. :laugh: