Medical Anesthesiology Residency - Sinai West (St. Lukes/Roosevelt) vs Northwell

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, MS4 here applying into anesthesiology! It's coming close to the rank order list submission date and I'm having trouble with how to rank the programs at Sinai West and Northwell. The residents and faculty at both institutions seem very approachable and supportive, and location-wise I would be happy at either program. I'm wondering which program would best prepare me for fellowship opportunities/job opportunities in the Manhattan/Queens areas. What would you do? Thank you in advanced for any advice you have!
I see that you've posted in the Anesthesia forum, which is excellent!

Anesthesiology

And in all honesty, that is probably the best place to get this specific question about specific programs answered. That being said, any residency should prepare you for job and fellowship opportunities. If you're thinking of fellowship, I would get a copy of both programs' fellowship match lists to assess where people have matched, and you might also reach out to residents or program direction to find out where people generally work afterward.

Members don't see this ad.