Angel ranking on test day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whataday

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been preparing PAT for a week and am really struggling on angel ranking. There is no way to distinguish 3-5 degree difference with my eyes.

I am wondering whether it is possible to bring a ruler on test day?:idea: Then, I'm able to measure the length.....

Another question is whether we can bring a few square paper on the test day. I think it would be easier to do a real hole punch to solve the hole punch problems......

Are these allowed? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I have been preparing PAT for a week and am really struggling on angel ranking. There is no way to distinguish 3-5 degree difference with my eyes.

I am wondering whether it is possible to bring a ruler on test day?:idea: Then, I'm able to measure the length.....

Another question is whether we can bring a few square paper on the test day. I think it would be easier to do a real hole punch to solve the hole punch problems......

Are these allowed? :oops:

If you could do that then everyone will be getting 30's on PAT lol! Here is my advice for the hole punching:

-draw a square on the laminated sheet 4x4
-put a dot for each hole in one of the designated grids
-as you unfold the structure in your head place the holes accordingly
-that's the best method!

If you could do that then everyone will be getting 30's on PAT lol! Here is my advice for the hole punching:

-draw a square on the laminated sheet 4x4
-put a dot for each hole in one of the designated grids
-as you unfold the structure in your head place the holes accordingly
-that's the best method!

Thanks for the suggestion! Can I fold or cut the draft paper they give to us on the test day?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the angle ranking...if you use the method that condog has been posting its really not bad at all. He says before looking at the angles look at the answers and check for similarities between them. Like if 3 out of 4 answers have angle 2 as the smallest and 3 out of 4 answers has angle 4 as the biggest then u can kind of assume those will be the smallest and biggest respectively. Then you only need to decide between 2 angles really. Just take a quick glance at the 2 remaining angles and go with your gut because if you sit and look for too long you will be likely to second guess yourself.

Use LAPTOP method to do those damn angles. I am getting like 11/12 on angles on CDP.. Look at the answers and compare btwn 2 of those..

For the angle ranking...if you use the method that condog has been posting its really not bad at all. He says before looking at the angles look at the answers and check for similarities between them. Like if 3 out of 4 answers have angle 2 as the smallest and 3 out of 4 answers has angle 4 as the biggest then u can kind of assume those will be the smallest and biggest respectively. Then you only need to decide between 2 angles really. Just take a quick glance at the 2 remaining angles and go with your gut because if you sit and look for too long you will be likely to second guess yourself.

I did that with CDP. But I don't know whether the real PAT will be the same case.....

I did that with CDP. But I don't know whether the real PAT will be the same case.....

I not taking the dat til august but I used this method on crackdat also so far and havent got less then 13/15 on angles so it seems like it should work pretty well...i guess do whatever works for you. good luck studying