Angle Ranking Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BooSSted

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
while going through some of the practice problems on crack dat pat, I have formulated a strategy for the angle ranking problems that is pretty successful. However, I was going to see if you guys find it as effective as I do.

On most of the problems where the angles are so close to the same size it is quite difficult to rank them. However, most of the time you can identify the largest one with minimal effort. This strategy alone will eliminate answer choices, sometimes even 3 of them, leading you to the correct answer right off the bat. If you have choices with the same angle ranked last, then you can look for the smallest angle. Most of the time when I identified the largest and smallest angles I chose the correct answer without any further steps.

Is this a stategy that I could use on test day or will I need to attack these in a different way?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

this is one of the strategies kaplan suggests...however i'll forewarn you, the angle ranking on the real DAT was MUCH harder than any of the angles on my practice test. don't waste too much time on this section though, if it's too close to call...just guess and move on.

-waystinthyme

The exam anticipates that you will use this strategy, so there may be 3-5 questions in the section that it completely answers for you at most.

Most of the time, after doing this strategy, you'll be left with two angles that are near impossible to tell apart. Take your best guess and move on. If your skills are good, you will usually pick the right one.

You just can't tell the difference on the real thing on a couple of questions. Guess, mark, and move on.