Animal Science at UF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sie_kath

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a high school senior trying to decide between UF's animal science (emphasis on animal biology) program and UGA's animal health (possible 3 year) program, as well as NCSU's animal health program.
I was hoping someone could give me some information on any of these programs and if they know which is "stronger." I loved all the campuses which is why its extremely hard and price isn't a factor.
Thank you so much for any help or advice/insight.

Members don't see this ad.

You've essentially posted the same thread multiple times, and you'll continue to get the same responses. All three are great schools where you'll get great educations that will prepare you well for vet school. No one can know which one is "strongest", because (virtually) no one has gone to all three for undergrad and can compare programs in that way. As long as you do well in your classes, get quality experience, and score high on your GRE, it won't even matter that much (if at all) where you completed your undergraduate degree. Many, many people are accepted from smaller schools and even after completing prereqs at community colleges.

Price would be a factor for me, as I entered vet school with some student loans. If it's truly not a factor for you, then consider yourself very lucky. Start comparing other aspects of each of the schools - you loved all the campuses, but do you like the surrounding areas/cities? Could you see yourself living there for 8 years (if you remained at the same school for vet school)? What opportunities will you have to interact with animals/within the vet school? Are you in-state for any of these (for future potential vet school in-state tuition)? See if you can get into contact with current students through the admissions office and get their perspectives on courses and the schools as a whole.