Anki - Does it replace note-taking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How do you use Anki for studying?

• I use solely Anki for studying and do not need to write out notes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I write out notes, study them and use Anki as a supplement.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

zastrownaut

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I found Anki to be very helpful in memory recall when I'm doing my studying. I was wondering if any of you guys in dental school use solely Anki for studying? Or do you write out your notes, study them and use Anki as a supplement? I feel the latter would be the case especially for pathways and such.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you were really committed to Anki and felt you quickly capture the key points into flash cards it could work. However I never felt I had enough time to create and study my decks in dental school since all of our classes were 1 week long - we would have 10-15 lectures Tues-Thursday and then be tested on that material the following Tuesday morning.

I couldn't justify making decks for that short of a testing cycle, but if you have the classic semester classes broken into different subjects (physiology, histo, biochem, etc) it could work

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
you can make flash cards for some parts of the lectures but making cards for every lecture seems impossible...well possible but not worth it.