• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Anki

chronicidal

Scrub
7+ Year Member
May 14, 2010
  1. Medical Student
    Class of bacteria that has an outer membrane
    Space between the peptidoglycan layer and the inner membrane in Gram-negative bacteria
    Endotoxin of Gram-negative bacteria
    Part of Gram-negative bacteria that contains LPS (lipopolysaccharide)
    Major component of the bacterial cell wall (gives rigid support, protects against osmotic pressure)
    Class of bacteria that has a thicker peptidoglycan layer
    Typical composition of bacterial capsule
    Function of bacterial capsule in pathogenesis/virulence
    Two functions of pili/fimbria
    Chemical composition of bacterial flagella
    Portion of LPS (lipopolysaccharide) that causes immune activation (TNF and IL-1 induction)
    Endotoxin-like cell wall component of Gram-positive bacteria
    Function of transpeptidases in bacterial cell wall
    Bacterium with poly-D-glutamate capsule
    Chemical composition of bacterial spore (3: coat, cortex, core specific chemical)
    etc.

About the Ads

witzelsucht

7+ Year Member
    Jun 20, 2012
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      It doesn't take forever if you are smart about what you put as cards. It works best when you only put things like pharm or "what chemical activates macrophages" or other discrete pieces of knowledge. More complex knowledge is probably better learned by reading a book or doing practice questions.

redpanda

Fellow-lol
      10+ Year Member
      Oct 6, 2009
      1. Fellow [Any Field]
        It doesn't take forever if you are smart about what you put as cards. It works best when you only put things like pharm or "what chemical activates macrophages" or other discrete pieces of knowledge. More complex knowledge is probably better learned by reading a book or doing practice questions.

This here. My cards are all discrete knowledge and are basically things that I've missed in practice questions (QBanks, etc.). No point in making cards for things you already know.

synecdoche

5+ Year Member
        Dec 21, 2012
        1. Medical Student
          Only an MS1, haven't taken micro, but I usually just make cards for any question I can think of with a one- or two-word answer, and then put extra info or a picture of the ppt slide in the answer field so I can read up if I got it wrong.

GangaMaster

Membership Revoked
          Removed
          Apr 21, 2013
            Only an MS1, haven't taken micro, but I usually just make cards for any question I can think of with a one- or two-word answer, and then put extra info or a picture of the ppt slide in the answer field so I can read up if I got it wrong.

Ya I do that already, It just takes forever to do it for each and every slide except for a few slides per lecture that are just illustrations I get or information thats not really tested. I never get time to do practice questions with this method plus I lose a lot of time unlike just re-watching lectures because I get bored quickly making Anki cards.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.