"Annotating First Aid"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMmedic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a M2 - I'm obviously not studying for step 1 yet because I'm focusing on preparing for class and learning the material. Our professors told us to buy First Aid at the beginning of the year, and I did...but I haven't opened it. I'm not sure why they told us to get it so soon. I've heard people say that you should "annotate" first aid but I'm not really sure what this means. What am I supposed to be writing in it if I don't even know what I need to study for step 1? What kind of extra information do I need to write in there and what level of detail? Or...should the book just stay shut on my bookshelf for a few more months?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a M2 - I'm obviously not studying for step 1 yet because I'm focusing on preparing for class and learning the material. Our professors told us to buy First Aid at the beginning of the year, and I did...but I haven't opened it. I'm not sure why they told us to get it so soon. I've heard people say that you should "annotate" first aid but I'm not really sure what this means. What am I supposed to be writing in it if I don't even know what I need to study for step 1? What kind of extra information do I need to write in there and what level of detail? Or...should the book just stay shut on my bookshelf for a few more months?

Thanks!

I really don't think it's necessary, and frankly I doubt it'll make your life any easier in your boards studying, though I concede the possibility that it may in some way, but I didn't do that. At my school, we go into way more detail than is necessary for boards, I think it's wrong to annotate FA with course material, right to annotate FA with other Step I review resources (UW, HY books, BRS).

I really don't think it's necessary, and frankly I doubt it'll make your life any easier in your boards studying, though I concede the possibility that it may in some way, but I didn't do that. At my school, we go into way more detail than is necessary for boards, I think it's wrong to annotate FA with course material, right to annotate FA with other Step I review resources (UW, HY books, BRS).

Thanks, that makes more sense.