Anon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wjtmxls333

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your list is too top heavy with your stats and schools such as UC Irvine, UCSD, Rutgers, UMass, UCLA admit very few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. I suggest these schools:
U Maryland
Carle Illinois
Georgetown
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Miami
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Rochester
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
The GPA-MCAT grid shows that you have a 2/3 chance for a MD acceptance. Those 2/3 are not receiving acceptances from top tier schools. 1/3 are not admitted to any MD school.

Members don't see this ad :)
What was your role in the start-up? What did you do for 250 hours of non-clinical volunteering?

I'll agree your list was a bit too ambitious.
I was one of the first members and an engineering lead of the core team (with many sub teams), non clinical volunteering includes social service frat usually cooking & feeding for homeless/daycare, and during COVID I volunteered as a online listener for mental disorder patients

I checked school list and found out that some of the schools listed as OOS on the website I was using were not really OOS,
Updated list
School list:
Pitt
UCLA
Emory
USC
BU
Georgetown
Tufts
UMD
Jefferson
Wake Forest
U Miami
Tulane
Illionis
Penn State
Temple
Kaiser
Drexel
Carle Illinois
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Western Michigan
Albany
Loyola

Should I be applying to Kaiser?

Last edited:
I was one of the first members and an engineering lead of the core team (with many sub teams), non clinical volunteering includes social service frat usually cooking & feeding for homeless/daycare, and during COVID I volunteered as a online listener for mental disorder patients

I checked school list and found out that some of the schools listed as OOS on the website I was using were not really OOS,
Updated list
School list:
Pitt
UCLA
Emory
USC
BU
Georgetown
Tufts
UMD
Jefferson
Wake Forest
U Miami
Tulane
Illionis
Penn State
Temple
Kaiser
Drexel
Carle Illinois
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Western Michigan
Albany
Loyola

Should I be applying to Kaiser?
Apply using Faha’s list. You are not competitive for Kaiser or schools like UCLA, Pitt and USC.

Reactions: 1 users