Another anesthesiologist in the news

Started by deleted87051
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"I came upon a runner who was collapsed on the side of the running path. And being an anesthesiologist, it was instinctual," said Perera. She recalled thinking at the time, "'I have to go help this guy’s airway.' So I ran over there."

“I checked for a pulse, then realized he was a surgeon and he doesn’t have a heart….I carried on with my run.”
 
More from NYC marathon.

UVA CA-1, dad to 3 including newborn, still laid down a 2:35 marathon. He ran under 2:09 a couple yrs ago.

If I had the talent and training capacity to be a world class marathoner not sure if I’d be doing anesthesia residency at his age.




7621782A-B72C-4792-8C6C-689EE5C6FDCE.jpeg