Another Cornell question for anyone who has completed the secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Treg

Surgeon in training
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello-

I submitted my AMCAS last week, and I am waiting to be verified. They have had all my transcripts on file for several weeks, so I hope that it won't take too long, but with the flood of submissions right now, who knows....

I followed the link to the Cornell Secondary from SDN and entered my AMCAS ID. I got a message that said that they recognize my ID but that I will not gain access until they receive my verified app from AMCAS. The deadline for the secondary is November 15, so I not sure how I am supposed to complete it on time if I may not be verified by that date. I have my letters ready to mail, and a blurb about "Why Cornell."

My question-did you receive the link to your secondary only after you were verified and transmitted my AMCAS?

Thanks!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

cornell sent me the link only after they received my verified amcas application. maybe you can call cornell and explain to them your situation? good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, I am also in the exact same situation I am having this problem with cornell, UMNJ- Robert Wood, BU and tufts.

Was anyone able to get secondaries for these schools before they were verified.

You should send out your letters *now* - I sent my letters in August even though they only received my verified AMCAS last week. They sent me an email linking me to their secondary almost immediately after receiving the verified AMCAS, so I don't think it would cause any huge delays to wait for that email to submit the secondary. The day after I submitted my secondary online, they emailed me saying I was complete.

I just read all the fine print on the secondary link (which I should have done originally-sorry!). Here is what they say:

If your AMCAS application is submitted to AMCAS by our October 15 deadline but is not received by us until after November 1, and thus information on how to access the SAF is sent to you after this date, you have two weeks from the date of our e-mail to submit the form. We are aware of this delay, so it is not necessary to call our office for a deadline extension. Letters of recommendation and MCAT scores, though, must be received by our November 15 deadline.

For anyone in my same situation, the link is here:

http://wo-pub2.med.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/RegistrationApp

Thanks for the help everyone! :)