Another COT question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hattrack04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What type of clothes should we bring. Mostly shorts and t-shirts for pt? How much civilian clothing should we bring? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll probably want a few sets of shorts/tshirts or whatever, maybe one set you don't mind getting dirty. Mostly you will be in uniform, but e.g. you may do some kind of volunteer work one afternoon off base.

A couple sets of nicer civilian clothes are a must since you can expect some social time off base towards the end of COT: restaurant dinner as a flight with your commander or similar. Quite a few people left Sunday AMs for church as well.

That's about it. Standardized PT stuff will be issued right away; all you need to bring with you there is running shoes and socks.

Hope it helps!

Is there anything that we CANNOT bring with us? I know they mentioned that we can bring a laptop with us, but I wanted to make sure this is true. I would hate to bring it and find out I shouldn't have.

Same for cell phones and ipods, stuff like that. I know we wouldn't be able to use them all the time, but it would be nice for our free time or on the weekend.

Yes, you can bring an iPod or etc if you want, just keep it in your room and noone is going to mind. DO bring the cell phone if possible, very handy as you theoretically need to be reachable at any time in case messages need to be relayed down the chain of command. The one caution I would put out there is that your bags may get bumped around during inprocessing, so try to pack fragile electronic stuff well.

Is there anything that we CANNOT bring with us? I know they mentioned that we can bring a laptop with us, but I wanted to make sure this is true. I would hate to bring it and find out I shouldn't have.

Same for cell phones and ipods, stuff like that. I know we wouldn't be able to use them all the time, but it would be nice for our free time or on the weekend.