Question about Army OMS civilian spots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentalnoob8

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone here is involved with admissions for Army OMS, I'm curious if things will be much more competitive now that civilians can also apply. If I have a CBSE between 65-70 and do an externship, will I have a good chance of matching? Or will it be much tougher now since anyone can apply.
 
I’m curious to see how that would pan out. I wouldn’t think most applicants would be willing to take on a 4 year low pay commitment to the military.
 
According to the LTHET results, two civilians were selected this year through the MATCH. Interestingly, the alternate is an HPSP student. I also wonder what the commitment/benefits are like for civilians.