another CVS unethical dilemma

Started by sosoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm not sure how the labor laws apply to floater pharmacists. They aren't considered staff, meaning they are usually not entitled to every benefit. I believe the trade off is they are entitled to overtime pay once they average over 40 hours/week. Hopefully a CVS floater can chime in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure how the labor laws apply to floater pharmacists. They aren't considered staff, meaning they are usually not entitled to every benefit. I believe the trade off is they are entitled to overtime pay once they average over 40 hours/week. Hopefully a CVS floater can chime in.
This is related to a regional or state labor law. I've never worked anywhere where I wasn't exempted from all human rights.
 
At least these guys were getting paid at all. Most pharmacies these salary at 40 hours and expect pharmacists to work for free.
 
At least these guys were getting paid at all. Most pharmacies these salary at 40 hours and expect pharmacists to work for free.

This. Being salaried means no overtime, regardless of how many hours you put in. The fact that this guy was actually getting paid his hourly salary for each additional hour sounds like a bonus to me. I'm not saying I agree with how businesses can take advantage of salaried employees.....I'm just saying I don't see where CVS broke the law here.
 
This. Being salaried means no overtime, regardless of how many hours you put in. The fact that this guy was actually getting paid his hourly salary for each additional hour sounds like a bonus to me. I'm not saying I agree with how businesses can take advantage of salaried employees.....I'm just saying I don't see where CVS broke the law here.
It must be a local law of some sort.
 
Depends on your state law here in California every gets time and a half for overtime and double time. But then again CVS has cut hours to less than 40 now so they won't have to worry about this anymore smh.