Another Interfolio question - snail mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elleiram

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with a LOR writer sending their letter to Interfolio via snail mail? How long does it take for Interfolio to receive it and mark it as received? I'm wondering when a good time would be to contact them to inquire about the letter. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have experience with a LOR writer sending their letter to Interfolio via snail mail? How long does it take for Interfolio to receive it and mark it as received? I'm wondering when a good time would be to contact them to inquire about the letter. Thanks!
Give them a reasonable amount time. For example snail mail from NY to DC, they had my letter up in 7 days(Includes the time it took the mail to get there). *I THINK interfolio has different status based on if the letter has arrived at their office or not. "

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, one of the doctors I shadowed sent my letter to them via snail mail. It was pretty quick. Probably like a week from sent date to uploaded.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but would you guys recommend creating an interfolio account to start stockpiling LORs in advance (like two years early). I'm thinking that since I'm not applying directly after I graduate, it may be a smart moved to ask the professors now, rather than later.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but would you guys recommend creating an interfolio account to start stockpiling LORs in advance (like two years early). I'm thinking that since I'm not applying directly after I graduate, it may be a smart moved to ask the professors now, rather than later.

Not a bad idea, just keep in mind that you'll have to pay Interfolio every year to keep your account active.

Reactions: 1 users
Keep in mind that some schools set an expiration date on LOR. KCUMB comes to mind.

It took only four days or so since the letter was mailed, I believe. Really quick.