Another Personal Statement Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Duckie24

Totally Quackers!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it best to have the personal statement done to submit with the ERAS application on September 1st, or can it be transmitted a bit later? That is, if you don't have the personal statement transmitted with everything else on 9/1, will programs most likely hold off on offering interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it best to have the personal statement done to submit with the ERAS application on September 1st, or can it be transmitted a bit later? That is, if you don't have the personal statement transmitted with everything else on 9/1, will programs most likely hold off on offering interviews?

Yeah these program coordinators are up at 12:00 AM on 9/1 downloading ERAS applications. For pete's sake, use common sense. I doubt there is a big difference if you turn it in on 9/15 or 9/1. The point is that you should turn in ERAs in September.

when I applied for residency several years ago I submitted by ERAS in early September but procrastinated & didn't get my PS done until Oct. 31 (the earliest deadline for having all my app materials submitted from one of my programs). the only places that didn't offer me interviews before my PS was in were places that didn't offer anyone interviews until after a certain date (usually around Nov. 1st or 15th). so for me it wasn't a problem at all.